Beauty & Fashion
Glam for God: Cute and Modest One-Piece Swimsuits for Spring Break!
Written by Christi Given | April 21, 2015
This spring season, blogger Christi shares her top 10 favorite one-piece suits and tells you where YOU can buy them—either in store or online!
PI Girls, for those of you in school and about to approach spring break, here are some cool places to find modest and cute swimsuits for the nicer weather. Of course, there are all types of bathing suits, and I do not judge if you choose to wear a two-piece or tankini, but here are some fun one-piece suits that are fun and fashionable, and cover up more than the teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini.
Read this article: “Should Christian Girls Wear Bikinis?”
Modesty is important, but we don’t need to be legalistic or overly insecure about what kind of bathing suits we wear. To be honest, I grew up at the beach and mostly do have two-piece bikinis, but I do like the one-piece suits and think they are so cute and some are almost vintage-looking. I personally would love to expand my one-piece swimsuit collection.
To inspire you for the spring weather, here are 10 of my favorite one-piece suits and where you can get them. Make sure to ask permission if you are online purchasing items or under 18, PI Girls!
1. ModCloth: Here you can find quite a selection of one-piece suits, including vintage one-pieces.
2. Venus: This company has a selection of suits more for adults, but can be fitting for some young adults as well. I like this black and white suit! Not to mention black and white is so in this season!
3. Macy’s: At Macy’s department store, you can find cute tankinis, bathing suits, cover-ups and more! Here is a polka dot one-piece that is just darling from the INC brand! I love the straps and vintage look of this suit.
4. Macy’s: I love this Ralph Lauren halter ruched swim dress. This type of swimsuit suctions in the tummy area that is difficult to hide at times, but it is SO cute and comfortable! Would you wear this swim dress/one-piece?
5. Kohl’s: At Kohl’s department store, you can find one-piece suits and bikini bottoms as well. Check out their website for a teen collection of swimwear. I love this Croft & Barrow Body Sculptor tiered swim dress! This will look cute on anyone and any body type, and you can never go wrong with black! I love the ruffles and this is also a swim dress! (Plus sizes are also available!)
6. ShopStyle: I love this one-piece turquoise swimsuit and of COURSE I love the hat as well!
7. Dillard’s: I love this coral pattern suit. This one-piece is more conservative and covers up high on your chest, which is nice for those who want to be extra modest. Do you like this swimsuit, PI Girls? Would you wear it?
8. O’Neill Swim: Here is a cute one-piece black swimsuit with ruffles on the top—do you just LOVE this?! This is a Juniors Salt Water Solids one-piece…available on Amazon!
9. Diane’s Beachwear: I love this colorful patterned one-piece! Sometimes this store can be pricier, but they have high-quality suits. So fun and cute!
If you’re looking for something less expensive, head over to Target for their one-pieces online or in store!
10. Dillard’s: Another one from Dillard’s! I love the blue with polka dots! I love the ’50s era and this reminds me of the pinup kind of old-fashioned suits! Do you like this or would you wear this one?
PI Girls, what is your favorite swimsuit? Comment below and tell us which number is your pick! God bless you, PI Girls!
Contact me via social media: