Beauty & Fashion
Glam for God: Our Favorite Looks and Trends for Summer 2015!
Written by Christi Given | June 7, 2015
Summer is almost here! Check out some of Christi’s favorite trends for the season and get inspired!
1. Floral Dresses: Flowers are in style typically in spring and summer, and this season you will see lace, floral and feminine dresses to be the trend. Check out Naomie Harris in Dolce & Gabbana. I love how this dress has lace and flowers!
I also love this Simone Rocha dress with red flowers, which is very vintage-looking. Bright florals will be hot this season, so be bold and brave!
[Images: harpersbazaar.com; stylebop.com]
2. Boho: I love this boho type of outfit from Fashion Gun with the off-the-shoulder knitted sweater and the long skirt. This look is relaxed yet feminine.
3. Shirt Dresses: Shirt dresses are in this season for a relaxed summer look. I like the striped shirt dress, and would likely pair it with long brown boots or short booties.
4. Yellow: When you think of yellow, you think of summer, heat and the sun, of course. I love yellow because it is a bright, happy color! Here is a photo from Glamour magazine that shows a variety of summer trends from the runway this year. I also chose a photo of a jean shirt with yellow pants. I love the casual look of the jean button-up, and the yellow adds a splash of style to the outfit! Would you wear all yellow or a yellow piece?
[Images: glamour.com; pinterest.com]
5. All White or Bridal Look: I love this boho-chic white lace look. The all-white outfits are in from head to toe. Try wearing a long white dress, white pants and blouse, or lacy dress. White is always fresh-looking.
6. High-Waisted Shorts: High-waisted shorts are in this season, whether you like the jean cut-offs, button-ups or even white shorts. This is a very ’70s look and has a hippie vibe.
7. Jumpsuits: One-piece rompers and jumpers are in for the spring/summer of 2015. I love how cute these one-pieces are and they are fashionable and easy to wear. I also love the white one-piece from BCBG.
8. Lace Dresses: As I mentioned, lace is in this spring and summer, and so are lace dresses! I love the paisley look and I am a huge fan of lace in general. It is definitely soft and feminine and very pretty to wear. Make sure you wear an undershirt if anything is too sheer or see-through. Also, make sure your dress is modest, right PI Girls? 🙂
9. Jean on Jean: This look has come and gone throughout the years, but jean on jean is BACK! Pair a darker jean with a lighter button-up, or mix and match different jean materials. I love this look here that Hayden Panettiere is wearing. I love the boots with the jeans. Hailee Steinfeld has more of a clear jean-on-jean look, as Hayden’s pants look like black jeans or leggings. You can see that the jeans look is in and trending now. Would you wear two jean pieces at once?
10. Leather: I love leather in general, but this season, wearing leather is in. Try a leather jacket, skirt or dress. I love Hillary Duff’s long black leather skirt paired with a black top with some flowers to add a pop of color.
PI Girls, what’s YOUR favorite look or trend for summer? Comment below!