I know many of you PI ladies have a desire to be famous. That’s great. But as you know, Hollywood has a way of taking good Christian people and turning them around. Hollywood is full of temptation and this is why we refer to it as the “Devil’s Playground.”
If you’re heading to Hollywood, I pray that you are successful in your endeavors, assuming that your intention is to glorify God through your talents. Which leads me to the 10 Bible verses I hope you take with you on your journey toward success.
- Glorifying God in whatever you choose to do is His desire. So let the following scripture remind you of this responsibility.
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- When it feels like you’ll never reach your dream, recite this truth.
For with God nothing shall be impossible (Luke 1:37).
- Your journey won’t be easy. Competition will likely be tough and you may experience much hardship. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have a fair shot. The following is a great verse and one of my favorites.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me (Philippians 4:12-13).
- It’s easy to get lost and feel forgotten in Hollywood. But remembering God’s amazing love should fill your heart with joy.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).
- Don’t stop praising God. You may be tempted to, either because things are going well, or maybe because others in the industry criticize you. Maybe you wrongly assume the gesture is “getting old.” Never stop praising Him.
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name (Hebrews 13:15).
- When you praise Him, you may be scorned, ridiculed, mocked. Actually, I guarantee it. But don’t worry. It’s expected, and God’s worth it.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf (1 Peter 4:16).
- Be careful who you hang out with. In a post related to Whitney Houston’s death, I mentioned how Celine Dion admitted she was afraid to hang out in Hollywood. She gets the job done and goes home. You should be afraid too. That fear will keep you safe.
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame (1 Corinthians 15:33-34).
- Never foolishly assume you are beyond temptation. You will be exposed to many types of temptation, whether it’s addictive vices, bad behavior or sexualizing yourself. But Christ will keep you strong.
There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that you are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13).
- There will be those who try to deceive you or take advantage of you. Even if you’re not sure what a person’s intentions are, remember this verse.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ (Colossians 2:8).
- As your success grows, remain grounded. Never forget that you’re human, an equal and a child of God. You’re no better than anyone and your talent is your gift.
For I say, through the grace given to me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).
I hope you like my verses. I hope they guide you, strengthen you and keep you faithful to Christ. There are so many more beautiful verses that are useful in guiding your career through Hollywood. So I urge you to read your Bible on a regular basis.
May God bless you, PI ladies, in your endeavor to make a difference in Hollywood! What are your hopes and dreams for your future?