We’re back with our favorite holiday gift guide of the year: Christian-themed gifts!
While you certainly don’t have to buy (or even make) Christmas gifts for your friends and family, we know that many of you might want to…it’s so much fun to give something during the holidays! You should first consider talking to your closest pals and family about exchanging gifts before you make a decision on whether to get anything. If your pals are low on cash and/or time, they might want to make an agreement to not exchange gifts this year. While surprises are fun, giving someone a gift who hadn’t planned to give you one back can sometimes leave the other person feeling guilty. So get on the same page as your buds! Maybe you can make a pact to make each other gifts instead, or set a limit on what you can spend (say, $10).
In order to get your creative juices flowing, we rounded up a few of our favorite inexpensive store-bought and handmade gifts for your Christian friends and family. Let us know your favorite picks in the comments below, and be sure to share any tips and insights into buying for the holidays!
A piece of handmade Christian jewelry is the perfect gift for any girl in your family or your friends, and bracelets like this one even double as great unisex gifts for the guys, too! (Bstamped, $20)
We love this Bible cover that will help protect a loved one’s Good Book! It’s available on a website that has tons of awesome gift options, but we love this girly cover with a classic Christian quote. (Family Christian, $20)
Give the gift that keeps on giving, as they say, with a board game that your family can get enjoyment from all year long! (Christian Book, $22)
As the Lifeway site says, “Journaling is a wonderful way to deepen your relationship with Christ. This beautiful journal provides an ideal place for recording inspiring thoughts, prayer requests and meaningful Scripture.” ($10)
This sweet handmade calendar features hand-lettered Bible verses for each month. Your loved ones will like discovering a new image and inspirational quote each month! (Biblecalligraphy, $20)
- Make an ornament! Take inspiration from our recent roundup of Christian-themed ornaments and make your own.
- Make your own piece of jewelry. Even if you don’t have previous jewelry-making experience, you can find necklace chains and Christian-themed charms at stores like Lifeway and Michael’s and easily make a “simple assembly” necklace or bracelet for a loved one.
- Create a meaningful journal. Find an inexpensive journal you love (TJMaxx always has some in their clearance section) and write your favorite Bible verses on the bottom of various pages throughout. You can also include notes of encouragement or inside jokes. Your friend or family member can decide how to use the journal and whether to read all of your notes and verses right away or over time as they work through their new journal.
- Make a mix CD. In iTunes or Spotify, create a playlist of Christian songs you think your loved one will adore. Burn them onto a CD and include a letter with a song list and the reason why you included each track. They’ll love discovering new music and hearing exactly why YOU think each song is important and meaningful.
- Put together a message in a bottle. Use an old glass bottle (ask your parents for one of their leftovers or check for decorative options at discount stores) and stuff it full of notes with Bible verses and/or favorite quotes and messages of love. You can write them on small pieces of paper (or type them up, print them and cut them out) and then fold them up and put them all in the bottle. Create as many as you can and instruct your loved one to either pull one out every day until they run out or just whenever they need a little boost.
PI Girls, do you have other ideas to share? What are you making or buying for your family and friends this Christmas?