Every week, I go through the “Girl Talk” section of Project Inspired and look for those seeking advice and counsel. I want to help answer some questions you may have about living out your Christian life and walk of faith! We want PI to be a safe place where you can ask questions. Contact me for prayer or any other questions you may have: @ChristiGiven.
Recently, a Project Inspired Girl asked for help about how to deal with anxiety. It is a difficult struggle to deal with and there are so many pressures in life from social media to society and family pressures, and also there is just warfare surrounding believers. We need to put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6) so we can stand on the rock (Jesus Christ) during storms in our emotions or in life, as well as when we face tribulations. Know that God is with you if you struggle with this, you are NOT alone!
Here is the entry from the Girl Talk forum:
“So I have bad anxiety and it’s gotten even worse now that I’m homeschooled. Simple things like going to the grocery store or any social thing gives me horrible anxiety. I get really nervous and don’t even like to look at people. I just feel really intimidated in public. Please help!”
Click here to read the full post or to join the Project Inspired Girl Talk chat wall, where you can post, ask questions or comment on our board.
[Image Credit: www.carriethishome.com]
10 Bible Verses to Read When Dealing With Anxiety or Fear
1. Philippians 4:3- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
2. John 14:23- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
3. Luke 12:24- “Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!”
4. Psalm 56:3- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
5. 2 Timothy 1:7- “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
6. Isaiah 43:1- “But now, this is what the Lord says, he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: ‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.'”
7. 1 Peter 5:6,7- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.“
8. Matthew 6:34- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
9. Psalm 27:1- “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?”
10. Psalm 34:7- “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.”
PI Girls, do you have any other verses you recommend for those struggling with anxiety? Comment below so we can all pray for one another!
If you would like to contact me, have any other questions or need prayer, message me: