Project Inspired started a group specifically for the Girl Talk questions, which typically come from the Girl Talk chat wall on Facebook.
Click here to safely join our chat group.
This week on Project Inspired’s Girl Talk group on Facebook, someone brought up a great point on how God can change our brokenness to beauty. God can change our hurt and our ashes to beautiful redemptive stories (Isaiah 61). The Bible says that God will give us joy for our sorrows and will restore what was once stolen or robbed from us. The Lord also says He will give us a wardrobe of worship and will display His glory through our stories and lives.
…to provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. (Isaiah 61:3)
I want to encourage you girls who feel brokenhearted, confused, hopeless or uncertain in this season of life. Jesus is with you in the storms of life through the crashing waves and circumstances. Yeshua the Messiah alone can comfort you and can still the waves of life.
The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” (Mark 4:38-40)
No matter what we face in life, we can trust our Father in heaven, we can believe that Jesus will intercede for us and that the Holy Spirit is present to dwell with us and never leave or forsake us. We are so blessed to have the comforter known as the Holy Spirit, because when times get tough, and when people forsake us or situations change, the Lord never leaves us.
Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. (Psalm 27:10)
But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name (in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf), He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you. (John 14:26)
How God Restores Our Brokenness
1. Our story is used for His glory. We overcome the enemy with our testimony (Matthew 5:16).
2. God will give us a garment of praise instead of despair or hopelessness. We choose to worship and find freedom instead of choosing discouragement (Isaiah 61, Revelation 12:11).
3. God will give us the anointing oil of joy. When we focus on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, we will have the fruits of the spirit, like peace and joy (Galatians 5, Isaiah 26:3).
4. God gives us the comforter, the Holy Spirit. No matter who abandons or hurts us, Jesus will never forsake us (John 14:26).
5. God restores what the enemy tries to steal from us. In the Bible, a man named Job lost everything, was tested, yet still praised God and the Lord gave Him double back from what He once had lost (Joel 2:25).
PI Girls, know that we are praying for you and are here for you if you need encouragement or prayer. Comment below to write a prayer request!
If you would like to contact me, have any other questions or need prayer, message me: