Beauty & Fashion
How to Achieve Your Glamourous Marilyn Monroe Makeup!
Written by Nicole | May 4, 2011
I’ve made a few posts about how to get Marilyn lips, and to use white eyeshadow like she often did. But here’s the whole look together! I definitely don’t look like her and don’t have her trademark smile down, but this is my take on it! Here’s the makeup steps on-by-one so you can get the look too! 🙂
1. First apply foundation all over your face, I used Korres Wild Rose Brightening Foundation in color Wrf2. This is available at Sephora, and the great thing about it is it’s organic and healthy for your skin.
2. I then concealed any blemishes or redness with L’Oreal’s Visible Lift line minimizing concealer in the “fair” shade. I used this under my eyes as well.
3. Marilyn was a master at shading and highlighting different parts of her face, and so I used Mac’s “White Jeanus” eyeshadow on my chin, down my nose, under my eyebrows, and on the center of my forehead.
4. For my cheeks, I used Mac blush in Sun Basque, and applied it directly under my cheekbones to highlight them.
5. I dusted bronzer on the sides of my forehead, under my chin, and along my temples like she displays in the picture. I used Mac blush Sincere.
6. For my eyes- I used Mac’s White Jeanus again on the entire lid, and inner corners.
7. Marilyn uses a dark brown shade on the outer corners of her eyes and along her crease, to emphasize her eyes. For this I use Mac blush in Sincere again, because it’s a nice matte brown color.
8. She always applied false lashes- In this picture I’m wearing a brand called Fashion Lashes available at CVS.
9. After the eyelashes are applied, I used an angled liner brush from Sephora #15 to get the eyeliner right up on the crease, over the false lashes.
10. For eyeliner I used L’Oreal’s eyeshadow quad in Pink Persuasion, and used the sparkly black shade.
11. For my lips, I outlined them with Makeup Forever’s waterproof lipliner in shade 14C. (This is my makeup must-have- it goes with everything!)
15. For my lipstick, I used Sephora brand in shade RO4. It’s a blue-red, the color Marilyn often wore.
16. Over that, I applied Mac lipstick in Brave Red to give it a more mauve look, instead of so bright. Marilyn often mixed several lipcolors together to create the perfect shade of red.
17. I have naturally darker eyebrows then her, so I lightened them by using the L’Oreal concealer in fair over them, then used my angle brush to color them in a more gold tone. I like L’Oreal’s HIP studio secret shade in Precious.
And voila! Get ready to turn heads with your ultra-glam Marilyn look. This works for everyone of all shades and hair colors, just tweak the colors a bit to match your skin tone. If you do the Marilyn look, take a picture and send it in! I’ll feature all of you guys on here!