In life, it’s inevitable that we will face trials. We are all aware of sin and the fall of mankind. How does a believer deal with someone who says they believe, but seems to be divisive or stirs up confusion? Do you have a friend who gossips, says hurtful things to you or possibly stirs up problems in your group of friends?
How do you deal with these people, and what do you say to a person who is causing problems without getting into a big fight or argument, causing further problems?
The word of God tells us that the “weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but are mighty in demolishing strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:4). We cannot combat flesh with flesh when we are dealing with a SPIRITUAL battle (Ephesians 6). We must recognize as believers that the enemy of our souls wants Christ followers to be divided and also wants to allow snakes and the wicked to come in and cause havoc in the body of Christ. We must be watchful, read God’s Word and be armed up in prayer. Warfare is real and we must retaliate in spiritual warfare with God’s Word, the “sword of the spirit,” which will demolish lies of the enemy (Ephesians 6:17).
Read the Bible verses below and remember to pray for people, even frenemies or people who may be jealous of you. These particular verses are the subject of being a blessed peacemaker like Jesus and speaks about those who cause division and strife.
10 Bible Verses on Being a Peacemaker
1. Matthew 5:9: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.”
2. 1 Corinthians 1:10-13: “Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and [that] there be no divisions among you; but [that] ye be perfectly joined together in the SAME mind and in the same judgment.”
3. Romans 16:17-18: “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which CAUSE divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”
4. Mark 3:25: “If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.”
5. John 17:23: “I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete UNITY. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”
6. Ephesians 4:3-6: “Endeavoring to keep the UNITY of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
7. Colossians 3:13-14: “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect UNITY.”
8. Romans 12:16: “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.”
9. Psalm 133:1: “How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in UNITY!”
10. 1 Peter 3:8: “Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.”
PI Girls, do you pray and ask God for help when it comes to people who want to argue or stir up problems? What is your advice on being a peacemaker? Comment below!