The month of January often means new beginnings, opportunities and memories! However, the excitement you initially felt at starting up school again and returning to all of our social engagements, relationships and studies can sometimes start to feel like nervousness and stress after a few weeks. Is this happening to you? If so, here are some tips to give you a boost in staying motivated and organized!
Tips to help you get motivated:
- Find inspiring quotes on success, inspiration, and goals.
There is no success without sacrifice
Quotes are uplifting, and great reminders to keep going. Place one on your mirror, wall, dresser or binder!
- Ask someone in your life who you admire to talk with you about his or her goals and how he or she achieved success.
- Listen to a song that encourages you and write down your DREAMS, GOALS, and ASPIRATIONS for the year. Think realistically. If you’re really motivated, you can make a timeline for goal achievement.
Music always inspires me, especially Christian music. Listen to something that helps you focus on getting excited for the year and what you want to accomplish. I love Carrie Underwood’s “Jesus Take the Wheel.” That’s my goal is for the year–for him to take the lead in my life!
Tips to help you get organized:
- Purchase your school supplies in advance.
It may seem like common sense, but some people wait until they know what their teachers want them to have. Being pro-active is a great way to be prepared and successful!
- Prepare yourself spiritually. Be prayed up!
Ask your parent/guardian or youth pastor for prayer. It is important to be covered in prayer, especially when you are beginning a new season. God loves you so much!!!
- Start a journal.
Begin a journal with the Lord–write down your requests, thoughts, prayers, and praise reports. Then, at the end of the year, you can see all of what God has done!
I love looking back and reflecting on God’s mercy, love, and faithfulness. You won’t regret keeping a journal, I promise.
Good luck, PI girls!
You are talented, smart, and amazing daughters of the King! GO in confidence and humility knowing that God is on your side and cheers you on!
What are some of your tips and ideas for staying motivated and organized?