How to Get to Bed Early and Wake Up Early to Be Productive
Written by Christi Given | October 23, 2018
Do any of you struggle with waking up early or going to bed late? Same here! I feel your pain—you are NOT alone.
This week, I want to share some tips on how to get up early and how to get yourself ready for bed earlier.
Most of you reading this article are probably in school. Many of you probably have to be up by 7 a.m. at least, and/or may need to go to work. Some of you may have to be up early AND may find yourself scrolling on Instagram late at night, may struggle with insomnia, or may be feeling like you are cramming or studying super late.
Check out Natalie Outlet’s YouTube channel and video right here for her morning routine.
Below, we list some of her tips for being productive and her reasons why she wakes up at 5 a.m.
Tips on How to Wake Up Early and Reasons Why You Should
Why Wake Up Early:
1. You can get tasks done early. For example, you can read, pray, meditate, work out and get some personal time before starting your day.
2. It sets the tone for your day.
3. Waking up early helps you have extra hours in your day.
4. You can have extra time to get ready and to be productive.
5. You feel more confident and healthy, and are creating better habits for life.
How to Go to Bed Early:
This starts the evening before, so prepare yourself, even an hour before hitting the hay!
6. Put away your phone. Put your phone on airplane mode and even put it in the other room.
7. Dim your lights. Try to buy yellow lights. Avoid white and blue lights.
8. Set your alarm. Make sure to have a regular alarm and use your cell phone alarm.
9. Make a schedule for the next day.
10. Read a book or the Bible before bed so you can take your eyes off of TV, technology and screens.
PI Girls, what time do you go to sleep? What helps you get up early or go to bed early? Comment below!