I want to talk about boyfriends. I can’t express enough how important it is to make sure that anyone you date (and a potential future husband) is a God-fearing man! Here are a few ways to find out if your boyfriend is the right one:
- Make sure that your parents are okay with him. I know that parents can be annoying, but trust me. Parents have had more experiences and know more! I’ve had a few crushes, and I found that I’m not so nervous around one when I ask my mom what she thinks about him.
- It’s SO important that your parents agree with his beliefs. If your boyfriend is the special one, and your parents are fine with you dating him, you will have a happy marriage; your parents won’t be looking down at him for doing un-Christian stuff!
- Make sure he’s not just dating you because your family has money. It’s important that he truly loves you. You will be able to tell if he’s true by the fruit that he produces. If he’s really a Christian, he WILL do good things, and show you and everyone around him love.
- If he truly loves you, he will wait for sex. “True love waits” is a saying that is SO true. And whenever you get tempted, think of how God would feel if you had sex.
- Be careful to be yourself in front of him. If he’s the one, he will love you no matter what you look like, do, or don’t do. It’s SO important not to act like someone you’re not. Guys want the real thing–they don’t want someone who’s always acting!
God wants you to have the best out of your real love. Make sure you ask God if He wants you to spend your life with this person!
Written by PI Girl Allison