In “How to Pray Using Scriptures: Part 1,” we talked about the process of turning Bible verses that we read into prayers, but sometimes it’s hard to find a Scripture that fits the situation we want to pray for.
I’m going to give you a few Scriptures you can use to write your own Scripture prayers! Feel free to use these verses in any way to bless others!
- 2 Cor. 5:7 – For we walk by faith, not by sight
- Heb. 4:16 – Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- James 4:7 – Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
- Romans 8:11 – But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
- Mark 16:17 – These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
Guarding Our Tongues:
- James 1:19-20 – This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
- James 3:7-10 – For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way.
- Mark 7:15 – There is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man.
- Phil. 4:6-7 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 – Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
- Isaiah 26:3 – The steadfast mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You.
- James 1:5 – But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.
- Luke 10:19 – Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.
Remember, these are not magic prayers. This is how we pray to show God that we stand in agreement with His Word and claim the promises He’s spoken to us through His Word.
Can you find other verses that would make good Scripture prayers for these categories?
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit (Eph. 6:18a).