It’s not always easy to recognize our blessings, is it? Especially when things around us seem to be falling apart. But ladies, every one of us is blessed in some way, even if we don’t know it at the time.
What are blessings? They are the favors of God. They are the things that are good in our lives.
Blessings aren’t always these extravagant gifts from the Lord that come once in a while when we least expect it. Oftentimes, they’re things that have become a norm in our lives and that’s why they’re not always that easy to recognize.
If you’re having a hard time recognizing your blessings, let alone counting them, try this list for a little guidance.
- Our basic needs: This includes food, shelter and the clothes on our back. So many people in this world lack at least one of these things. We should be grateful if we have just one of them.
- Our health: If you’re healthy, that’s a huge blessing. One of the biggest things that we take for granted every day is our health, until we get sick. Never stop being thankful for this blessing and never stop praying for good health.
- Our relationships: The good people in our lives are blessings, whether it’s our family or friends, or even a person who comes into our lives briefly. They are a source of comfort, strength, resource and faith. Don’t take them for granted!
- A new day: The opportunity of a new day is a blessing. It’s another chance to make things better. A new day is another chance to be better.
- Our gifts: We all have gifts. These are the talents and interests that motivate us. I believe that writing is my gift, so I have pursued a career as a Christian novelist. Everyone has something good inside of them that drives them. Find out what your gift is and recognize that it’s another blessing from the Lord.
- Creation: The gift of God’s creation is a blessing. God designed the world and life itself in a way that we as a human race can live on and sustain ourselves. You can appreciate this blessing by learning how to be more resourceful with what you have.
- God: Not just God’s amazing blessings, but also the blessings of God. This is the most amazing blessing of all. God sent His only son to save us all. Wow! If that’s not a blessing, I don’t know what is. Plus, we have Him available to us at any moment. We just need to pray and believe and follow His commandments, and the Lord will provide for all of our needs. This is an amazing blessing that most of us take for granted.
Ladies, I’m sure I’ve missed many more blessings, but the point is that we are blessed daily, and we really need to thank our Lord. I pray that this list reminded you of the everyday blessings that God has bestowed upon us. Even in the bleakest of moments, these blessings are reminders that God has not forsaken us. God has not left us out in the cold without some kind of safety net. Our blessings remind us that it’s not over; there’s still a light shining in the darkness, showing us the way.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
he bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does the Lord withhold
from those who walk uprightly.
Ladies, what blessings do you take for granted?