Ladies, recently I wrote the post 6 Signs You’re Boy-Crazy. Since then, I’ve been receiving questions about how to stop being boy-crazy. Well, if you’re interested, then this post is definitely for you!
Now, before I jump into my list of tips, I want to note that snapping out of being boy-crazy is not going to be easy. Why? Well, because being so focused on boys is partly a result of hormonal changes. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t change. After all, your peers are likely going through the same changes, and not everyone is boy-crazy, right?
Okay, so you’re crazy about boys and you want to snap out of it. Try these tips:
- Think about how it looks to be boy-crazy. Sorry, but it’s just not an appealing characteristic. The giggling, whispering, staring and loud behavior can be really juvenile, so if you’re trying to make a good impression, you’re likely doing the complete opposite.
- Hold yourself accountable. You can do this by telling your friends, or one specific friend, that you’re trying to snap out of the boy-craziness. This way, your friends can change the subject when you start talking about boys or refuse to go places with you just to follow a boy. You’ll obviously have to pick friends who are not boy-crazy.
- Stop reading those romantic books and watching those love stories. Seriously! When you’re living vicariously through romantic novels or movies, your desire for a close romantic relationship is strengthened. This often leads to desperate behavior. So, put those books down and read more Godly books promoting healthier relationships. This will divert your attention from boys and toward a more meaningful relationship that you’re willing to wait for.
- Get busy with activities. When you busy your mind, you don’t have room to fill it with boy fantasies and your time is filled with other things you need to focus on. In the event that you may look for boys in these events, choose volunteer opportunities. Doing so will remind you that there are more important things to think about than boys.
- Replace boys with God. Get into the habit of thinking about God every time you start thinking about a boy. Allow thoughts of boys to trigger thoughts of God. Why? Because you should never be crazy about anything in life except God.
Ladies, how have you tried to stop being boy-crazy?