Life is crazy! School, sports, homework, church, friends we have so many things going on that it can feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to do it all! All of these things are important; each of these things demands our attention, but with all of the stuff, we have to do each day when are we supposed to pray?
Prayer is important. Prayer is like a rope that connects us to God. When we enjoy a regular prayer life – when we are spending time talking to God every day, then that rope is strong and we feel really close to God. However, when we don’t spend time talking to God – a listening for Him to talk back – every day, then our rope gets frayed and weak and it gets harder to hear God’s voice.
We are so busy though! When are we supposed to find the time to pray? My favorite time to spend with God is when I can actually set aside time to just sit in my favorite place and just talk to Him with no distractions, but that doesn’t mean it is the only time that you can pray.
Here are some ideas:
- A friend of mine prays while she is walking from one class to another at school.
- If you finish an assignment or test early in class, use the time you have left to pray.
- Take 15 minutes to pray before starting your homework.
- Say a prayer of thanks before you eat your lunch.
- Take 15 minutes out of your Facebook time to pray! (I know this one is hard – I’m on Facebook a lot)
Those are just a few ideas that you can used to get started on energizing your prayer life, but I want to hear your ideas! Remember, prayer is just talking to God and then listening while He talks back. So, how are you going to start fitting prayer into your schedule?
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all believers everywhere. –Ephesians 6:18