Is He A Jerk? The Checklist That Will Answer!
Written by Nicole | March 9, 2011
As girls, we need to be on guard for guys who are dirtbags. Unfortunately, I can speak from experience- but I’m now in an amazing relationship with a man that I love, and that treats me how I should be treated. It’s often hard to face the reality of your current relationship if you care about the guy even though he doesn’t treat you well. Often boys will “promise to change,” or say “that you’re incredibly special,” when their words and actions are anything but. Here is a checklist you need to ask yourself to see if you need to dump the jerk, and find a better guy!
1. Does he use harsh words to invalidate or discredit your feelings?
2. When you tell him your needs, does he make you false promises that he doesn’t back up?
3. Does he put on his best behavior when the two of you are out, and then treat you differently behind close doors?
4. Are mean threats used as a way to keep you staying with him?
5. Does he lie to you and then if you catch him, turn the situation around so you’re the bad guy?
6. Is he a master at finding ways to excuse his bad behavior, perhaps by using humour, turning it into a joke, or saying that you “just understood” it wrong?
7. Does he frequently tell you mean things about your appearance, what you’re wearing, and compares you to other girls?
If the boy you’re dating or your boyfriend is doing just one of these things, you need to re-evaluate your relationship because you could do so much better. You are a beautiful and special girl that God created, and you don’t need to be treated badly by guys who don’t deserve you! It’s MUCH, much better to be single than hanging around a guy who’s not worthy. For a list of traits that make him a good guy, look here!
[ image: corbis ]