Is the Guy In Your Life Flubbing the Ancient Art of Modesty? By PI Girl, Ann
Written by PI Contributor | July 27, 2012
Boys are boys. Girls know how they can be. When a guy has a crush on you, he’ll probably want to show you how manly he is. But guys need to be modest, too.
Have you ever seen those boys who have only one good friend at most? That’s because, like girls, guys want their friends to be there for them and support them, even though they may not want to admit it.
When a guy isn’t modest, it makes it hard to be around him because he wants the spotlight and the attention all the time. And sometimes that can be an okay thing, but most of the time, it really annoys some people. Girls may not be modest all the time, but we really do try.
Guys should really give more of an effort to be modest because:
- When you’re around a special guy, you want him to notice you, not himself.
- Modest guys are more apt to stand by you and cheer you on when you need them (provided you cheer them on when needed).
If you feel like a guy in your life isn’t practicing the ancient art of modesty, here’s what you should do:
- Try to encourage him when he really deserves it, but keep the praise turned on low for little things.
- Whenever he comes to watch you play sports or do what you’re best at, ask him what he liked about it. That will get him going on what he thought you did awesome at.
- If he isn’t modest enough for you, it might be best to ignore him. If you try to tell an immodest person that they aren’t modest, they’ll most likely deny it.
Try these simple tips for any guy in your life who you think isn’t modest, and who knows? He could just see the light! 🙂
By PI Girl, Ann