Hey girls, 2013 has been such an amazing year, hasn’t it? I know not everything about this year was good—some of us had some tough times this year—but that doesn’t make it any less amazing that God has given each of us another year of life.
The Lord has shown us so much in His Word. God revealed Himself in so many ways to us this year that it was really hard for me to narrow down this list to just five, but I finally did it!
Here are my five favorite Bible Study articles of 2013:
- Do You Need to Rekindle Your Passion for God? Who doesn’t need to rekindle their passion for God now and then? I chose this article specifically for that reason—it’s something each of us will struggle with occasionally in our lives.
- Who’s Responsible for Spreading God’s Word? I chose this article because it talks about the very real outcomes that depend on our obedience to share God’s word with others. In the comments, we also bring up the fear associated with sharing God’s Word when you first start out.
- What Does “Encouragement” Really Mean? If you’ve never read this article, you should. It talks about the spiritual gift of encouragement and deals with some of the ways encouragement has been misunderstood over time. Encouragement isn’t just saying nice words—it’s a call to action.
- Don’t Let Anyone Look Down on Your Youth As a youth pastor, this article and the scripture it deals with are very dear to my heart. If you’ve ever been made to feel less worthy or less important because of your youth, you need to read this!
- Could You Be Standing in the Way of God’s Blessing? Honestly, this was hard for me to put on the list. It deals with a difficult-to-accept concept: the idea that we might be the reason that God’s blessing isn’t getting through. It isn’t a concept that I like to think about, but it’s one that’s important for all of us to understand.
Girls, I always do my best to listen to what the Holy Spirit is putting in my heart to share with you. I know from your comments that many of these Bible Study articles have touched your hearts or helped you deal with personal situations, and that’s all I ever want. I just want God to use these articles for your benefit and His glory!
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. —Colossians 3:16 (ESV)
Girls, did you have a favorite Bible Study or Sunday School article this year? Tell us which one you liked the most in the comments!
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: