Whether you’re heartbroken, feeling insecure about a crush or just feeling lonely in your quest to be pure, it’s important to receive sound advice to help you get through the rough spots and gain perspective on your situation. Here’s a list of the top 10 best pieces of advice about relationships that your fellow Project Inspired readers have received from their loved ones. Now they’re sharing them with you. 🙂 Be well, girls!
1. “A boy who loves God more than he could ever love you is worth your time.♥”
2. “Figure out what you’re looking for in a guy before you start looking for a guy.”
3. “‘Seek the Lord. Travel. Read the Bible. Write down your dreams. Volunteer. Take up a new sport. Make your single life a glorious adventure and guard your heart beautiful for it is the wellspring of life (Proverbs 4:23). Then when you are secure in your true identity as a daughter of God and content, the one chosen for you just might come along. But don’t let that be your life’s hope and until then stop searching and start living – just you, Jesus, your family and your dancing queen girlfriends’–Allie Marie Smith.”
4. “When my boyfriend broke up with me over Facebook, I was devastated. I thought no one wanted me. My mom then told me that Jesus wants to have me to Himself as long as possible and when He is ready to give me the man I will marry, He will. When a guy moves out, he is making space for the right one to move in. :)”
5. “In a relationship between two people, they should both love each other. It’s like our relationship with God. He loves us, but are we going to respond to that love? I believe it’s the question He’s waiting for us to answer.”
6. “The best advice was from my guy best friend’s girlfriend: ‘Be a Godly woman and he will show you respect! Be of the world and he will take you for granted!’ It has been proven, at least with the guys around where I live!”
—Andria Anna Deloris Law
7. “’A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her’ –Max.”
8. “A boy should never define who you are.”
9. “Never settle for anything less than your standards.”
10. “Beautiful inside, beautiful outside! Keep it that way! My dad said that. :)”
Girls, what’s the best piece of relationship advice you’ve ever received?