Make a Thankfulness List!
Written by Jenn Arman | May 31, 2011
It’s not always easy to be thankful. Sometimes it’s just hard to think of things that we’re thankful for even though the Bible says that we’re supposed to be thankful in every circumstance. It can feel difficult when our circumstances seem overwhelming or hopeless. Here is something to make thankfulness a little easier: develop a thankfulness list!
Get a piece of paper and keep it somewhere you can see it all the time and have easy access to it for adding things. A good place would be to hang it on your dream board!
Every day add one or two things to the paper – things that make you happy and that you’re thankful for. They don’t have to be in any order. It’s really easy!
As an example, I’ll tell you a few of the things on my list.
My Thankfulness List
- My husband
- Parents who encourage me to follow my dreams
- Sisters that I have fun with
- My cats!
- Hot showers
- Orchids and roses
- God’s purpose for my life
- That I am forgiven
List anything that you’re thankful for and every day say a prayer thanking God for a few of the things on your list.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 – Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Hey girls it’s Nicole- I’ll share with you my thankfulness list now!
1. My kind and loving family, friends and boyfriend that are there for me always, and that they share the love for God as I do!
2. My strong spirit and motivation to witness to many other people!
3. The hard experiences and trials I’ve gone through that shaped me into the person I am today.
4. My kind heart and willingness to serve the Lord
5. My sense of humor 😉
6. my health!
7. the miracles and spiritual intervention in my life which revealed the power of God.
8. My cute kitty sparkles!
9. That Jesus died on the cross to forgive my sins and promise me eternal life!
10. My love for people and inspiring them to see God’s truth!
What are you thankful for? write it down!
“I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.” psalm 57:2