Make That “Unattainable” Dream Possible
Written by T.M. Gaouette | February 1, 2015
Ladies, we all have hope and dreams. We have something that we desire to do. Maybe it’s a hobby we want to take up, such as playing an instrument or learning a language, or maybe it’s an ambition that we have, such as becoming an actress or a singer. But it just seems unattainable, if not impossible.
Well, whatever our desire—assuming it’s Godly, of course—regardless of how impossible we believe it to be, we should not give up on it. Instead, we should work on finding a feasible way to make it come true. The truth is, if others have attained the same dream, why wouldn’t it be possible for you, too? We’re all created equal, and even though some of us seem to have a better shot, at the end of the day, we’re all capable.
So, if you have that ultimate dream, don’t assume it’s too far of a stretch to reach. Instead, come up with a plan to make that dream come true. After all, with God on your side, how can it not come true? Here are some tips to get you on the right track.
- Write out your goals. If you put it down on paper, it makes it more real. It’s also a great reminder of a promise or vow that you made to yourself. Carry it with you or keep it safe in your room, but read it often.
- Set your schedule, one step at a time. Divide the whole goal into smaller steps. Sometimes your goal can seem overwhelming or daunting. This makes it feel unattainable and it’s easy to push it off to a later time. But if you break it up, that first step is easier to act on, and once you do, you’re one step closer to your dream. Before publishing my novels, I thought it would be impossible to write a whole book! But I started with an idea. Then I created an outline, and then worked on one chapter at a time, until finally I had completed my first book. I’m now working on book number three.
- Be disciplined. You really need to follow through on your plan of action, otherwise you’re always going to put it off or look for an excuse. Make it part of every day. So, if you want to be a singer, start with classes, and when you’re not in class, practice daily.
- Find motivation through others. Finding a friend who shares your interest is a great way to remain motivated. You and your friend can motivate each other to go to class or practice together. Or make friends in your dance or singing or acting class, and be each other’s support.
- Ask God for help. After all, you can’t do anything or be truly successful in your endeavor without God’s strength and help. Your goal must be Godly and devoted to Him, and then He will make it happen, but you have to ask Him and you have to believe that it will come true. “So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mark 11:24)
Ladies, don’t be intimidated by the “unattainable” dream. Everything is possible with God, so do your part in achieving your goal and God will do the rest.
Ladies, do you have an “unattainable” dream? What steps have you taken to get closer to achieving it?