Beauty & Fashion
12 Summer Hair Trends and Accessories
Written by Christi Given | July 28, 2018
This summer, there are so many new trends, and some older looks coming back. There are accessories like the 1980s scrunchies and hair barrettes that are in season, and also blunt short hair. Silver hair is all the rage, as well as golden long hair with darker roots; natural waves and curls; and blunt bobs with bangs. Whatever your personal style is, you can add some color with a cute bandana or hair scarf, or mix up your look by doing loose braids. Check out these 12 hair trends and accessories for summer!
1. Natural Waves and Roots: This trend is similar to the balayage look with the dark and light painted highlights and a more natural look. This is definitely a more conservative hair choice this season compared to some of the other trends. @ohHelloHair
Highlights were softened by using a balayage technique by Steph. The benefits are a lower maintenance colour & a fresh summery look ✨ To book in for a complementary colour consultation with Steph or one of our talented colourists… ☎️ call 02920461191 or ? use our easy online booking: https://onlinebooking-new.totalsalon.net/?salon=SimonConstantinou O.Constantinous & Sons. 99 Crwys Rd, Cardiff. CF24 4NF. #simonconstantinou #iamgoldwell #balayage #balayagecardiff #behindthechair #balayagehighlights #modernsalon #cardiffsalon #hairdressercardiff #blondebalayage #goldwell @goldwelluk
@lornamunro is giving us all the hair envy with this pretty style & colour ✨?. Loving these ashy shades! If you have light locks like these ones, make sure you’re doing your best to take care of them, in between visits to the salon chair. ??♀️? Get your hands on our blonde shampoo + conditioner, keep them on your shower caddy and use every 2nd or 3rd wash to maintain the freshness in your colour, nourish, foster growth and protect shine! ??♀️??? www.hellohair.com.au. #tameyourmane #haircrush #hairgoals #maneenvy
2. Silver Hair: Different hair shades like green and blue have been popular thanks to pop culture and music. Silver hair has made its way back onto the scene; we saw it for a season along with the super purple shampoo trends in the hair world (you know what I’m talking about). Would you take this risk and dye your hair not gray, but silver? I think I’ll stick with my golden hair, but it looks cool on some people who can pull it off. I love worship leader Katie Torwalt’s style and color. @KatieTorwaltstyle
#motd ? Hair : I get lots of questions about my toner and we actually change it up almost every time , but you can follow my colorist @maeipaint for inspo ❤️ Foundation : @beccacosmetics complexion creme ( linked in my makeup highlights ) Lipstick : @morphebrushes liquid lipstick in "virgin" Highlight : @colourpopcosmetics in wisp Lashes: @ardellbeauty glamour wispies
3. Barrettes/Hair Clips: I use bobby pins, but haven’t used kid-like barrettes in my hair since kindergarten. What about you? What are your thoughts about hair barrettes? I’m okay with hair clips with jewels on them, but not so sure about baby hair barrettes.
One of the more practical jewellery trends to come out of fashion week are the pretty sparkly hair barettes for SS18. A little more grown up than the ones we find in our daughters' jewellery boxes, the magpie in the best of us will be enchanted by these pretty pearl encrusted accessories ? http://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/jewellery-trends-spring-summer-2018 #ss18 #hairtrends #fashionweek #hairbarettes
4. Headbands: Elastic colorful hair bands are in, inspired by the 1970s vintage look. I definitely like this inspirational hairdo because I’m a vintage-loving girl by nature. I love people’s looks like Brigitte Bardot and Priscilla Presley. These are not the plastic headbands but the soft ones around your whole scalp. They are very affordable and very retro!
5. Hair Scarves: These also tend to be very vintage, as many movie stars wore these scarves around their head. Do you like this look? Comment below! Check out PI’s very own writer Kytia Lamour, who is so fashionable and modest.
I used to be a rollercoaster of emotions until I learned that my mood being completely affected by circumstances was unhealthy for me. Especially when those circumstances were so small and insignificant in the long run. Since becoming a mother, I’ve prayed for God to help me because I didn’t want to be that mom you had to walk on eggshells around because you never knew what would set her off. I thought it was a matter of simply changing my behavior, only to realize that my mood swings were symptoms of deep rooted issues. God helped me to heal a lot from my past and pinpoint different traumatic events that caused me to get triggered easily and spiral into anxiety, anger, or paranoia. God is still healing me from that, but I’ve come so far from where I was even just a year ago. The enemy will give me every reason to be disturbed, but once I combat that with prayer and ask God to reveal the root of my intense feelings that don’t match my situation, I’m able to put things in perspective so that I’m balanced again. It also helps me to start my day in The Bible and thanking God for who He is. It’s crazy the kinds of things that stick with you and hold you prisoner without you even knowing it. I’m so glad God is a healer and that Jesus came to set us free. Where would I be without Him? • ? @kytialamour
Hump day hair crushin’! ?? Once again, a super cute little accessory just compliments the style. Thanks for the inspiration, @xobeautybynicole. Who else would love to replicate this up-do? If you’re having a night in this evening, why not treat your locks to our masks and let them marinate your strands in natural goodness while you chill at home?! ??♀️? Because our treatments are all natural, they can be left applied as long as desired. Get yours here >> www.hellohair.com.au. #tameyourmane #hairinspo #hairup #hairgoals
6. Blunt Short Hair: Cutting inches off the hair is just as popular as people cutting inches off the waist this season! Yes, surprisingly enough, people want to go shorter. It is super cute and clean.
7. Bangs with Waves: Bangs are so cute on people and add to personal style. The “blunt shag” look is super popular.
Who else feels like cutting bangs after seeing this pic of @yaelshelbia’s?! ?✂️ Suits her so much! The fringe trend is all over social media, so naturally we had to get the low down on the best way to get a fringe that works for you. ??♀️ Check out our recent blog post with our girl @nat_edwardsandco from @_edwardsandco for the deets ???? www.hellohair.com.au. ??♀️ #tameyourmane #hairinspo #haircrush #hairgoals
8. Natural Curls: Wear your natural curls or waves long or short. Curls are being embraced this season, while straight hair really isn’t making the cut this summer. @OhhelloHair
#Hairgoals anyone? Major mane envy via @sihamnisrin. If you want longer and stronger locks like these without the breakage and snapping, consider the beauty tool you use when you are dreaming… your pillowcase! ??? Our 100% mulberry silk slips guide along with your locks while you get some shut eye, instead of causing friction against your tresses. You spend a third of your life asleep! The thing that you rest your head on for all that time really can impact your skin & mane game ?☁️. See more benefits here ?? www.hellohair.com.au. #tameyourmane #hairinspo #braidgoals #sleeponsilk
9. Loose, Beachy Braids: Amber Fillerup on Instagram is the queen of braids and hair extensions. I think that braids are very cute and appropriate for the summer season where everything feels more casual and loose.
10. Hair Scrunchies: The 198os hair scrunchies are back! Would you wear them, PI Girls?
11. Bobs With Fringe Cuts: This edgier style is like an uneven cut with bangs. Would you wear this rocker look? This is more of an uneven look versus a straight cut.
Funky bob!!!! Styled by @anthonycuts . Hairstylists and Barbers, sign up with SheekWe and feature your work! Clients want to book with you! Link is in Bio…Join our FREE platform ?? . #Bobcut #hair #haircolor #designer #fade #cornrows #shorthairstyles #shorthair #haircolor #cuts #hairstylist #clientselfie #shorthairdontcare #barberconnect #hairgoals #hairblogger #haircut #barbershop #braids #goodmorning #blogger #hairart #barber #protectivehairstyles #hairstyles #clientselfie #sheekwe #shortstyles #barbers #pixiecut #blonde
12. Deep Side Part: This vintage look from the 1950s old Hollywood era can be dressed up or dressed down. The middle part tends to always be popular, but this dramatic side part is more in style this season.
PI Girls, what are YOUR favorite looks? Comment below on the #1 hair style or accessory you would wear or use this summer!