I thought I would give you some life hacks that you can apply going into 2017. Some are study hacks, some are simple everyday tips and some are beauty tricks you can use to make life easier.
1. Need Wi-Fi and a Place to Study? Some places where you can get some quiet time, food and Wi-Fi are as follows: Panera Bread, McDonald’s and Subway.
Panera has yummy food, a cozy ambience and free Wi-Fi. McDonald’s has a great coffee menu as well as smoothie options if you want to be on the healthier side while studying, and Subway is a place most people wouldn’t think of going to get away from the crowd. Any other ideas of places for Wi-Fi or studying?
2. Text the Wrong Person? If you texted the wrong person, just use Airplane Mode to quickly cancel it on the iPhone.
3. Put Bobby Pins in Your Ponytail to Make It Stand Up Taller: Here is an easy trick if your ponytail hangs too loose or falls out easily, courtesy of Seventeen magazine.
4. Accidentally Erase Something From Your iPhone? Shake your phone and it will come back.
5. Run Out of Blush? Use your favorite lipstick color and blend on your cheeks. If you don’t want to put lipstick on your cheeks, pinch your cheeks slightly. (I learned this trick from Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With the Wind.)
6. Make Your Eye Cream Even More Soothing: Put your face lotion or eye cream in the fridge to cool off your under-eye bags or to soothe the skin.
7. Use a Spoon for the Perfect Black Winged Eyeliner: From Seventeen.com: “Hold the handle of a spoon against the outer corner of your eye, and draw a straight line. Then, flip the spoon so it’s hugging your eyelid, and use the rounded outer edge to create a perfectly curved, winged tip. After you’ve made your outline, fill it in and draw a line across your lashline to finish the look.”
[Source: Pinterest @Kathleen Kamphausen; image: Pinterest]
8. Use a Business Card When Applying Mascara: Use a business card above your eyelid to make the perfect block from your lids while applying your mascara. Be careful not to get a paper cut or to cut your eyes!
9. Use a Q-Tip to Get Out Every Drop of Your Foundation: This is a great hack, especially for those of you who spend a lot of money on nice makeup products.
[Image: The Container Store]
10. Fix Your Broken Eye Shadow: Did you break your favorite eye shadow? Use rubbing alcohol and a spoon to put it back to normal!
PI Girls, do you use any of these hacks? Do you have any new ideas or tips you want to share? Comment below!