Music & Culture
My 5 Favorite Things About Harvest America 2012!
Written by Christi Given | September 17, 2012
[Photo: Christi Given]
Girls, I had the opportunity to attend Harvest America 2012 on September 9 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles! In addition to being a live event, Harvest Ministries expanded this year, giving viewers the opportunity to host a Harvest America gathering online in their living room, at their church or anywhere!
The year’s host was Pastor Levi Lusko. At the event, there were many musicians and bands, worship leaders and speakers. More than 306,000 people watched the event in person and online! There also were some new additions to the event, such as Gungor, Lecrae and more! On Saturday the Newsboys performed, along with Jeremy Camp, David Crowder Band and The Katinas. Pastor Greg Laurie also spoke about God’s cure for heart trouble.
If you didn’t get the chance to watch Harvest America 2012, you still can watch it here!
My five favorite things about Harvest:
- My brother Chad attended the event with a few of his friends. It was great to spend time together, to learn and to worship.
- I loved seeing Lecrae live because in my opinion, he is one of the boldest, most talented artists around. At the event we found out his new album “Gravity” reached No.1 on iTunes!
- Evangelist Nick Vujicic shared his inspiring story about keeping his faith and staying positive despite having no arms and legs. The Harvest Ministry showed a powerful video of his testimony and it was so moving and touching!
- All the musicians were humble, powerful and so talented! The night I attended, The Katinas led worship and Phil Wickham, Steven Curtis Chapman and Lecrae performed!
- Last but not least, more than 15,000 people made professions of faith in Jesus Christ! That’s 15,000 souls! Wow!!!
Check out more of my highlights in the latest epidode of Christi’s Corner for JCTV.
Did you watch Harvest America? If not, are you planning to watch the videos?!