Are you bored with how your room looks, or simply want a chance to glamorize your space? Your room should reflect your personality and little details can make all the difference! Here are some fun and inexpensive ways you can do just that. Get ready to inspire all your friends who come over!
1. Pick your theme for your room! Is it beachy chic? City girl? Funky and bohemian? Cozy and comfy? Pick the vibe for your room first, and then you can figure out the colors you want for your accessories. My room’s theme is “Old Hollywood,” so I have colors in black, grey, white and turquoise with silver accents!
2. Don’t be afraid to paint the walls. It only takes one can of paint and one day of painting- pick your favorite color and go at it! It’s cheap and a fun way to spend the day with your friends. Just make sure to put down newspaper so you don’t get it on the carpet. You can also get pretty wallpaper for your room at Anthropologie.
3. Can’t afford a new bed? Get a pretty comforter and buy pillows that accent that color. You can buy a pretty white comforter for about $40 at Target and you can get pretty pillows that accent it!
4. Let the light shine in! A simple window treatment will make your window 10x better. Try removing the blinds and put in pretty floor-length curtains instead! Here are some pretty window curtains also from Anthropologie.
5. Get cute lamps! I have a clear one with white I bought it at TJ Max for $30! Here’s me other sparkly lamp I got at Z Gallery. At this store, they have SO many pretty decorations!
6. Mirrors give the illusion of more space! If your room is too small and you want to open it up, get a larger mirror and place it on the opposite side of your room which will give the effect of a bigger space.
7. Have a drawing of yourself on your desk! This is a funny way to remind you that you are special and unique and will make you smile every time you look at it, I promise!
8. Invest in professionally matting two pictures. I got these original Marilyn pictures for my birthday, so I got them framed in the colors of my room!
9. Use a clear box to store pretty rocks or seashells in! I have one with inspirational quotes on colored rocks.
10. Textured decorated candles make the difference! Try to get pretty ones that you can place the candle inside of to glam it up, instead of having just the brand name displayed.
11. Buy a case for your books! I have a white one, it’s pretty big but I have a lot of books! You can organize them according to subject, or however you want!
12. Proudly display whatever you collect! I have limited edition Marilyn barbies that I love, and I love to show them to my friends. Display what you love, don’t keep it hidden in a box!
13. A nice throw rug can easily hide not-so-cute- carpet! I wanted my room to stand out a bit, so I got a fuzzy black rug.
15. Last but not least, add some matching accessories to your bathroom! I continued my theme into the bathroom, with turquoise and sparkles. You can buy pretty bathroom accessories at Target!
With these small but special changes, your room can go from blah to gorgeous! What are some ways that you’ve decorated your room to make it pretty? Share your ideas with us!
[Images Courtesy Nicole Weider]