Never Forget These 5 Things About Yourself
Written by T.M. Gaouette | April 24, 2015
Ladies, do you know that you’re amazing? That God knows you and watches you and waits for you? Do you know that God wants the best for you and is eager to give it to you? If you don’t, then you should.
There is so much value in each and every one of us. But how many of us treat ourselves with the same love and care that God has for us? How many of us look in the mirror and say, “You are so amazing, even God loves you.”
The truth about you is that you often devalue yourself, right? Not just in the way you act or speak or present yourself, but in the way that you treat yourself. And often this is all done unconsciously, because we all forget that we were created by God.
If you’ve forgotten the truth about you, check out these five facts:
- You’re valuable. “For it was You who formed my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” I know that the majority of you ladies are very familiar with this verse from the book of Psalms. But have you really thought about what it means? David is describing how intricately he was formed by God, right from his mother’s womb. We are all designed this way. We were all thought out and created with loving detail. We were all made in His image. He values us that much!
- You’re worthy. God proved this when He gave His only Son for your sins. Imagine that! He planned for His son to be beaten and persecuted and treated so badly because He wanted to save you. He wanted to open the gates of Heaven again so that we could all finally enter and join Him there for eternity.
- You’re destined for good. Jeremiah 29:11 reads, “‘For surely I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.'” Plans for your welfare! A future with hope! God’s desire for all of us is to have a hopeful future. Romans 8:28 reiterates this: “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.” This doesn’t mean our lives are going to be free of struggle or pain or even loss. But rather, the promise for each of us is that we will all have a good life, assuming that we find hope not just in the good times, but in the bad. You see, God is our welfare. If we each love God and prove it by living our life according to His commandments, instilling His values, following His plan and doing His will, we will have a good life. Because a life with God is the best life any of us can have, and it’s a life that will likely lead to an eternity of joy.
- You have the strength. Another popular verse from scripture is “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me,” but again, do you know what it really means? You have all the strength you need, with God’s help. You see, God is your strength and He is ready and waiting to help you through any temptation, struggle or pain that life has for you. You just need to call out to Him in prayer and put all your faith in Him. Isaiah 41:10 is another example of God’s strength: “Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” That’s your strength. Wow!
- You’re wanted. God wants you. He truly does. He wants you to share eternity with Him in heaven. He’s already set up the path, you just need to follow it. But it won’t be easy. He knows that. That’s why He continues to wait for you to call on Him when you mess up.
Ladies, how do you feel about the truths about you?