Hi girls! As most of you know, I love experimenting with makeup and colors, and I really believe it’s an art. I’ve been having fun trying out new looks, and I want to share with you about the products I used! So here we go!
One of my favorite colors to wear is purple, so I had a lot of fun playing with this shade. To get this vivid look, I used the Sephora brand “Crayon Jumbo” eyestick all over each lid. Then on the outer corner, I put a little bit of M•A•C eye shadow in “Infra-Violet” to create depth. When I take pictures of my makeup, I almost always add false lashes to give it a more dramatic effect. The lashes I’m wearing are called “Lacies” by Ardell. My blush is light, and I’m wearing M•A•C’s “Pink Swoon.” My lipstick is a M•A•C shade called “Dreaminess.”
I also love to play with silver eye shadow, and I really believe it looks great on all eye colors. For my lids, I used L’Oréal Infallible eyeshadow in “Silver Sky.” In my crease to add dimension, I used M•A•C’s eyeshadow in “Haux.” When doing my makeup, I almost always highlight under my brow bone with a white shimmery eye shadow to brighten up my look. One of my favorites is by Urban Decay in a shade called “Zephyr.” My blush is by Victoria’s Secret in the shade “Surrender.” On my lips is a Color Elixir lip gloss by Maybelline called “Rose Redefined.”
I had a lot of fun with this last look, and I really wanted something bright and tropical. I call this look “Sunset Beach.” On my lids, I first used a bright yellow color by M•A•C in the shade “Gorgeous Gold.” Then I added a medium pink color by M•A•C called “Expensive Pink.” In my crease, I added a bit of M•A•C’s “Soft Brown” eyeshadow to help make the other colors pop. I wanted a brighter lip gloss for this, so I used M•A•C’s “Impassioned” lipstick (it’s pretty bright, FYI). But to tone it down, I used a light pink lip gloss on top. On my cheeks is a brighter pink by e.l.f. called “Fusia Fusion” (a little bit of this goes a long way, so start lightly). The false lashes I used are again by Ardell, called “Wispies.”
Here are the key tips to really making the colors stand out:
- I almost always use an eye shadow primer on my lids before applying my eye shadow. The primer makes the eye shadow look brighter, along with helping the colors last longer. e.l.f. makes a great eye primer.
- When applying more than one eye shadow color, use different eye shadow brushes so each color has its own brush. For my lids, I like a brush that is flatter—it helps really pack on the color. For my base color, I love this one by e.l.f., and at only $1, you can’t beat the price!
- For your eye shadow in the crease, you’ll want a blender eye shadow brush. This is a great one by e.l.f.
- Practice putting the false lashes on. It takes a lot of practice before you can nail it! If the strips are too long for your eyes, use mini scissors to trim them to fit your eye shape. I also use tweezers to set them on my lids once I put them on.
- Lastly, keep layering! To keep the eye shadow bright, you really need to pack it on!
Always remember that true beauty comes from the heart, so let your light shine! I love you!
Plus, I’m giving away an Urban Decay palette–check it out below! To enter, leave a comment about any makeup question you have! I will be answering some in my next article, as well as picking a winner at random!
[Images: Nicole Weider]