Beauty & Fashion
Not Dating Yet? Here Are 7 Things To Occupy Your Time!
Written by Aysha Ives | October 19, 2011
Are you currently in between relationships and unsure how to occupy your newfound free time? Maybe you’ve decided to wait until you’re a little older to start dating. Or perhaps your parents have decided that you’re still too young to date. Whatever the reason may be, if you’re not currently dating, here are a few things that you can do to help fill your time:
- Make a list of all the books that you’d like to read and get started. Reading is a great way to fill some unoccupied time. In fact, you might even consider starting your own book club. You and a group of friends could meet up weekly or monthly to talk about a preselected book. Here is a list of books that you could use to get started.
- Plan a regular Girls Night Out with a group of friends. If some of your friends are dating or have other responsibilities, then it doesn’t have to be the same group of friends each week. The idea is for you to be able to have some wholesome fun with other people. Preselect a day, time, and meeting place, and have some fun!
- As an alternative to a Girls Night Out, you could start a Girls Night In tradition. Instead of going out, you and a group of friends could stay in, grab a few good movies and some snacks and enjoy each other’s company. Hey, you might even want to turn it into a slumber party!
- Are there things that you’d love to do but have never had the opportunity to try? Would you like to ride that new roller coaster at the amusement park or check out that new adventure movie? What about that dance class, drawing lesson, or cooking seminar that you’ve had your eye on? Well, why not try it out now? Make a list of all the appropriate things that you want to do and finally do them!
- Join an extracurricular club, sport, youth bible study, or youth group. This is a great way to fill any unoccupied time!
- Be a leader and start your own group! Share your talents with other girls. If you’re good at drawing or singing, start a club where you can teach other girls. Do you like to bake? How about getting a group of bakers together to host a bake sale? You could donate the proceeds to a good cause.
- Take time to pamper yourself! Go get your nails or hair done, or better yet, do them yourself. Experiment with new nail polish colors or try a new hair style! Drop some lavender into the bathtub and take a bubble bath. Try giving yourself a facial. Google “homemade facials” or “natural facials” to find some great recipes for natural and inexpensive facial scrubs/masks. Pampering yourself doesn’t have to be expensive if you use your imagination!
There are so many things that you can do to occupy your free time. What are some other suggestions, ladies?