This month, I want to share some new releases from Hillsong’s Young & Free, MSC from Mosaic LA church and ZOE church. I will also include new releases from popular Christian artists like MercyMe, Lauren Daigle and more.
Many of you know I’m a singer-songwriter and worshipper. I led for more than three years at Newport Church in California on the worship team, and also led a kids’ creative team for Hillsong Los Angeles Kids. I love worship and I enjoy songwriting as well. I have a good ear for the next big songs coming up on the Christian charts, so the ones listed below are also some of my personal faves or songs that are on the top of the charts.
Comment below and let us know your favorites, or connect with me on social media and let me know if any of these songs impacted you! @christigiven
1. “Tremble” by Mosaic MSC: MSC first released the song, but Bethel’s Amanda Cook also did a cover on it, which was really good. Check out the live acoustic version with lead singer Moriah McManus.
2. “Every Little Thing” by Hillsong Young & Free: Hillsong’s youth band Young and Free, also known as “Y&F,” released their third album, III. One of their new songs is called “Every Little Thing.” It talks about how we worry, but everything will be alright because our lives are in God’s hands.
3. “Be Okay” by ZOE Worship: ZOE Church in Los Angeles is led by pastors Chad and Julia Veach, celebrity influencers to Hollywood and the region of Los Angeles as a whole, and mentors to Justin Bieber. Their church released an EP by ZOE Worship called Be Okay. I love the single, titled just that.
4. “Fight for Me” by GAWVI: GAWVI is a hip-hop producer, songwriter and artist who has collaborated with Lecrae and other well-known artists. He released a song, “Fight for Me,” in the summer of 2018. Check it out below. No matter what, we know that God will never leave us or forsake us, even when people do. Amen?
5. “Grace Got You” by MercyMe: The bank released a song, “Grace Got You,” and they were nominated for the Christian music fan awards called KLOVE Fan Awards. We know that God’s grace is sufficient and is always enough. I love the message and title of the song; it is so encouraging and inspiring!
6. “You Say” by Lauren Daigle: This was released in June 2018. I can definitely say that she is one of my all-time favorite artists. She reminds me of an Adele vocalist-meets-Kari Jobe worshipper. Don’t you just love her, girls? Also, she is very funny…you should check out her Instagram, as she posts very funny and authentic videos and posts (@laurendaigle). She is releasing a new album called Look Up Child.
7. “How Deep Is the Love” by Y&F: This song is by far my favorite song off the third album released by the Australian church Hillsong’s youth band. The song is led by Aodhan King, a songwriter and worship leader from the band, and the lyrics are so powerful. I love the beats and sound effects behind the vocals; the production is very good as well! I think you will love this worship song.
8. “Freedom” by Austin French: French seems like a newer artist who is on the rise. He released his pop single “Freedom,” which is an upbeat modern hymn that deals with pressures and the push and pull of life. Tune in below and let us know what you think of him and his music!
9. “Highs and Lows” by Hillsong Y&F: This is a single off their new album, III. It’s a song about how in life there are ups and downs. There are disappointments and victories in life, but no matter what, God is with us. Amen.
10. “Joy” by For King & Country: “Joy” was released in May 2018, and the band was nominated for a Christian music fan award as well at the 2018 KLOVE Fan Awards. I’m happy to hear that they are releasing new music. The Australian brothers are great musicians and—fun fact—are related to Rebecca St. James, the Christian singer!
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite song on the playlist this month? Or who is your favorite band or artist? Comment below!