How well do you know your Bible? Read each statement and try to guess which biblical figure it refers to!
- When the ark of the Lord came back to Jerusalem, this King led the procession by dancing and leaping in his underwear (a linen ephod)!
- An angel touched the lips of this prophet with a burning coal! Who was the prophet?
- This prophetess and judge led Israel into battle because Barak refused to go to battle without her! Who was she?
- This woman was a prostitute, the mother of Boaz, great great grandmother of King David and she hid the spies that Joshua sent into Jericho! Who was she?
- He was the first disciple to firmly identify Jesus as the Messiah. (Hint: He later denied knowing Jesus three times!) Who was he?
- This prophet tried to disobey God, was thrown overboard and swallowed by a big fish! Who was he?
- An act of disobedience caused this leader of the Israelites to be unable to enter the Promised Land. Who was this leader?
- This woman became so emotional in her prayer for a child that the priest Eli thought she was drunk! Who was she?
- This woman was the mother of John the Baptist. Who was she?
- In prison, these two men prayed and sang songs to the Lord until a great earthquake released them and every other prisoner from bondage! Who were they?
Don’t look until you’ve finished!
- King David (2 Samuel 6:12-23)
- Isaiah (Isaiah 6:1-9)
- Deborah (Judges 4:1-10)
- Rahab (Joshua 2)
- Peter (Mark 8:29)
- Jonah (Jonah 1-4)
- Moses (Numbers 20:1-13)
- Hannah (1 Samuel 1:9-18)
- Elizabeth (Luke 1:5-25)
- Paul and Silas (Acts 16:16-34)
How many did you get right?
If you got 3-5 correct, you know some of the main stories in the Bible, but you might be missing some of the cooler stories, so keep reading!
If you got 5-8 correct, you know the stars of the Bible pretty well! Keep up the great work and keep reading!
If you got all 10 correct, congratulations! I suggest talking with your youth pastor about opportunities to help teach Sunday school so you can share your love of God’s word with others!
PI girls, what is your favorite story in the Bible?
‘But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,’ declares the LORD, ‘I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people’ (Jeremiah 31:33).