Plugging Into the Power Source and God’s Healing Power
Written by Christi Given | July 22, 2016
Recently, I launched a new program on the JUCE TV network called The Power Source, which is all about plugging into God’s power (John 15:5) and abiding in the Lord’s Word and in His presence through the power of the Holy Spirit.
When your phone has a low battery, what do you do? Typically when your phone or laptop has a low battery signal, you plug it in, right? Well, the same goes for us spiritually! We are to remain in the main power source, which is Jesus and the Word, or we will perish spiritually. Apart from God, we really can’t do anything that will last eternally, amen?
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:8)
Click below to watch the full episode of The Power Source on JUCE TV.
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)
Why Plug Into God’s Power?
After Jesus died on the cross and rose again on the third day, we were allowed access into God’s presence through the power of the Holy Spirit. We’re also allowed access after we are born again spiritually (by water and the spirit). We are not literally born again in our mother’s womb, but rather our minds are renewed and the old is gone (John 3).
It’s so important that we plug into God’s Word daily so that we can be refueled and have the right mentality for our lives. The Bible says to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, and the Lord says to eat daily bread, which is the Lord’s Word (Matthew 6:11).
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)
It’s also important we understand that we have the authority as believers to trample the works of darkness and the enemy (Luke 10:19). We also have power to heal people and to help others when they are suffering. Ask God to show you where you can be a blessing to people, to show you who needs prayer and to be bold in speaking with people in need.
And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover. (Matthew 16:17-18)
Why We Should We Plug Into God’s Power
1. We have access to God’s presence through Jesus: Christ was the final sacrifice paid for humanity. We have access to the Father for healing, wholeness and for the fruits of the spirit. As believers we can call on the name of the Lord, and be saved and healed and can walk in the authority God has given us. No, life isn’t perfect, but many do not realize that they are heirs as children of God (1 Peter 1: 18-19).
2. We have access to the anointing of God: The Bible says it is the anointing that destroys all the yokes of bondage (Isaiah 10:27). By prayer, fasting, the Holy Spirit and the Word, we can abolish strongholds and things holding us back.
3. We have access to healing: The healing power of Christ is available to us as sons and daughters of the King. Read the verse above in Matthew 16 about the faith we have and the ability to heal when we walk in belief.
4. We can cast out darkness: The light of Jesus always will overcome the darkness of the enemy, sin and the world (John 8:12). Nothing can stand against the children of the light. Know that if God is for you, who can be against you?! (Psalm 27:1)
Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:4-5)
5. We can experience the power of God through His Word: Through worship, prayer and the Bible (God’s Holy Word), we experience God’s true presence. Jesus is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among men on earth (John 1:14).
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)
There are many more reasons we want to stay connected to the true vine of life, as we are the branches connected to God (like the body of Christ). So keep reading these Bible Study posts and tune into The Power Source monthly to learn about the power of God in our lives as believers!
PI Girls, why do you think it’s important to stay in touch with God? Are you on social media more than in your Bible? Let’s connect with Jesus more than media, unless we are making a difference, amen? Do you agree or disagree? Comment below!