It’s finally here! Summer! Summer! Summer! It’s the perfect time to catch up on sleep, connect with friends and take vacations. But with a little bit of intention and strategy, your summer can be even better than binge-watching Netflix and chilling by the pool for three months. Here are 10 suggestions to take your summer to the next level!
1. Volunteer. Walk dogs, drive food for Meals on Wheels, babysit for free for a single mom, ask around how you can serve those in your community!
2. Take a break from social media. Help center and refocus yourself by going offline for a while.
3. Try out different spiritual disciplines. Here are a few of them to give a go: prayer, confession, meditation, fasting, worship, study, rest, solitude, giving, serving.
4. Go somewhere you’ve never been. It doesn’t have to be far or expensive to broaden your horizons!
5. Spend time with your grandparents. The future you will thank you for making time for them.
6. Try a new food. Your taste buds are constantly changing, so give those black olives another try.
7. Try a new exercise. Yoga, Pilates, CrossFit—you never know when something is going to click for you!
8. Do a photo shoot with your bestie. For a few ideas, read 12 Ridiculously Cute Photos to Take With Your Best Friend This Summer.
9. Save a little $$$ by picking up a job. Babysitting, waitressing, mowing lawns, working retail…whatever it is, you’ll be thankful for the cash when you head back to school in the fall.
10. Go on a mission. It can be a long- or short-term trip with your church or a group, or something as simple as helping pick up trash in your neighborhood.
Which of these are you going to try first? Do you have any additional ideas?