Purity Movement: Singer Levi Mitchell Starts Purity Pledge
Written by Christi Given | May 12, 2015
PI Girls, recently I started a new Instagram account called “Purity Movement” to help share the message of the Gospel that you are spotless, prized and unblemished in God’s eyes because of the blood of Jesus on the cross. No one is perfect or pure, except through allowing Jesus Christ to take our place and to reconcile us back to the Father (John 3). This segment is going to be about influencers and “purity” movements happening in our culture. Let’s be the change we WILL see in the world as pioneers and as leaders. Find Purity Movement on Instagram @puritymovement and hashtag #PURITYMOVEMENT.
Singer-songwriter Levi Mitchell has been singing since he was three years old, and started beatboxing and performing as a young boy. He has written his own music, was formerly part of The Boyband Project and has also formed a band, Outcast Republic, with Edgar Sandoval Jr. that he is currently a part of. He also has been a host for JUCE TV Network, the youth network affiliated with Trinity Broadcasting, the largest Christian television network.
One of the unique leadership qualities that sets Levi apart is that he started a website called Pure Till Marriage. He has on his official website a place where people can pledge to stay pure before marriage. Sign the pledge here and read more here, or hashtag #PTM on social media and follow him @levimitchell.
Levi Mitchell’s 10 Reasons to Stay PTM*
(*Pure Till Marriage)
1. [Being #PTM prevents] the risk of death from AIDS. (More than 600,000 cases of AIDS have been reported in the U.S. since 1981.)
2. Staying pure till marriage (#PTM) will prevent STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
3. Some STDs can cause infertility; remaining #PTM will AVOID this.
4. Being #PTM keeps that elephant in the room of “comparison” out of your relationship, [which] can cause suspicion, mistrust and regret in the future.
5. Saving yourself till marriage can be the best gift that you could give your spouse on your wedding night. 🙂
6. Not being #PTM can put a lot of stress [on] a relationship, especially in your teenage years, and possibly more emotional baggage when you find your husband.
7. Studies have shown that when people practice abstinence, they are happier as adults and more successful.
8. I have expectations on my wedding night and want to be confident that I will not bring harm to my spouse.
9. Being #PTM prevents unwanted pregnancy.
10. I want to stay #PTM because of my faith and commitment to God.
Check out Levi Mitchell’s bio video on YouTube:
Check out the interview Levi did with the Christian clothing brand Not of This World:
Here is Levi talking about true love, purity and marriage:
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. (1 Corinthians 6:18)
Other verses on purity and sexual immorality: Matthew 19:5-6, 1 Corinthians 7:2-6, Romans 12
Contact Levi on Twitter.
[Sources: puretillmarriage.com, breathecast.com]
PI Girls, do you agree with singer Levi Mitchell?