I’m pretty sheltered and my friends aren’t. I can’t do a lot of the stuff they get to do (like hang out in the mall as a group). What are some ideas for a fun weekend that my parents would approve of?
You’re not alone. More and more of my readers have been asking me for alternatives for the mall. Here are my six favorites:
1. Go out for ice cream or a milkshake! Nothing’s better than getting a delicious scoop of ice cream and letting yourself indulge a little bit. Try a new flavor out! My favorite is birthday cake remix by Cold Stone Creamery.
2. Start scrapbooking! Michaels is a great place to get some pretty stickers, markers, and creative things to put in your scrapbook. It’s a more clever and interesting way to share photos, and you’ll enjoy it forever.
3. Play Scene-It! You’ve got to try this game- it’s by far my favorite. It’s a movie trivia game, and you watch short clips of movies and try to guess which one it is. You’ll have a ton of fun and learn about new movies!
4. Swap clothes with your girlfriends! It’s a cheap and fun way to add some new pieces for your closet!
5. Go bowling! I know I’ve written this before, but I really love going bowling! It’s a fun and inexpensive way to hang out with your friends, get out of the house, and hone your bowling skills!
6. Go ice skating! You’ve seriously got to try this if you’ve never gone. Most cities have ice skating rinks and it’s a great way to do something completely new and spontaneous.