Quiz: Are You Being a Good Friend?
Written by Aysha Ives | April 20, 2012
It’s very important we show the love of Christ in all of our relationships. However, we sometimes get so preoccupied with our own lives that we forget to adhere to Christ’s commandment to “love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:39). Do you remember to show love in your relationships? Take this yes/no quiz to see if you’re showing the love of Christ in your friendships!
Quiz: Answer “yes” or “no” to the following questions:
- Do you try to cheer your friends up when they’re feeling a little down?
- Can your friends trust you to keep their secrets (unless it’s something that could potentially harm them)?
- Do you find yourself always putting your friends’ needs before your own?
- Do you consider yourself to be a good influence on your friends?
- Do you forgive your friends easily without holding grudges for long periods of time?
- Do you allow your friends to express their views, even when you don’t agree with them?
- When you’re upset with a friend, do you try to discuss the issue in a loving and calm manner?
- Are you comfortable apologizing when you get into a disagreement with a friend and realize that you’re wrong?
- Do you tell your friends the truth (in a loving manner), even if they don’t agree with you?
- During conversations, do you listen to your friends without constantly interrupting?
- Do you make it a point to be a pleasant person to be around?
- Do you share the Gospel with non-believing friends and acquaintances?
11-12 “yes” responses
Your responses indicate you’re a GREAT friend! You’re kind and loving to others, but you also know how to set boundaries with people when it’s needed. You’re an excellent role model and leader for God! Good job!
6-10 “yes” responses
I commend you for walking in such a loving spirit! Your responses suggest you’re a joy to be around and people gravitate to you. However, it’s important to set boundaries in relationships. It’s okay to be a great friend, but don’t let people take advantage of you. And remember, it’s okay to hold people accountable for their behavior–but there’s also a time to forgive and forget.
0-5 “yes” responses
Your results suggest you sometimes struggle in this area. Remember, you want to be the kind of friend that you’d like to have. If you’re loving and kind to others, then you will attract loving and kind people into your experience!
Hope you girls enjoyed this fun poll! Remember, our polls are not scientific. Always allow The Holy Spirit to guide you in your interactions with others. When you demonstrate the love of God to others, God is pleased and He’ll bless you for it!
Girls, how did you do on this quiz?