Girls, it’s so important to keep your skin moisturized and well taken care of this summer, especially if you’ve spent a lot of time in the sun! Luckily, this isn’t very hard to do and we’ve made it even easier by hunting down some awesome and easy recipes for homemade moisturizer that can really help. A lot of gals remember to wash their faces and maybe even use a toner, but we often skip the moisturizing part, either because we feel like it’s clogging up our skin again or we don’t know what to use.
Trial and error is best when it comes to getting to know your skin and what works best for you, and hopefully our roundup can help get you started! Starting these habits now can help ensure that you go throughout life with delicate and beautiful skin!
RED GRAPEFRUIT WHIPPED BODY LOTION
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons raw shea butter, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract or 2 drops almond oil
- Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus red grapefruit
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- Place the coconut oil, shea butter, almond extract and zest in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on medium for 30 seconds.
- Turn to high and whip the lotion for about 4 minutes, until it is light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the tapioca starch and mix for 30 more seconds.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid and store at room temperature for up to a month.
Source: Daily Squeeze
WHIPPED PEPPERMINT BARK BODY BUTTER
- ¼ C. cocoa butter
- ¼ C. shea butter
- ¼ C. coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. vitamin E oil
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- Measure the first four ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl. If you’re using the kind of cocoa butter that comes in a jar, like I did (as opposed to small discs), heat it in the microwave until soft enough to scoop out, about two minutes.
- Microwave all of the oils until melted, about three minutes. If any small solid pieces remain, stir until melted and incorporated.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Place bowl in the freezer and cool for 15 to 20 minutes, until about ¾ of the oil is solid but soft.
- Transfer oils to the bowl of a stand mixer or mixing bowl and whip with whisk attachment or electric beaters on highest speed for 5 to 8 minutes, until light and fluffy, scraping the sides with a rubber spatula every two minutes or so.
- Transfer to a mason jar or other lidded glass container and store at room temperature. Enjoy!
Source: Fit and Fab Living
HOMEMADE ECZEMA CREAM
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, ground to fine powder
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 10 drops rosemary oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Melt coconut oil for 20 seconds in pan on low heat to liquify.
- Add 10 drops of rosemary oil (or preferred essential oil) and mix in ground oats.
- Remove from heat and add olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to small glass bowl and let harden in fridge.
Source: The Chic Site
Want even more recipes? Check out this roundup on CraftFoxes!
Girls, have you ever made your own beauty products? What are you interested in learning how to DIY?