Games & Fun
Recipe: Glazed Mini Doughnuts
Written by Project Inspired | September 18, 2014
Who doesn’t love doughnuts?! Flex your cooking skills and whip up a batch for yourself and your family!
For the doughnuts
- 5 fl. oz. (150 ml) milk
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 oz (30 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus extra for greasing
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz. (180 g / 1 2/5 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2½ oz. (75 g / 1/3 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the glaze
- 7 oz. (200 g / 1 3/5 cups) confectioner’s sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- a few drops of pink food coloring
- sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly butter a 12-hole mini doughnut pan. Using a food processor, beat the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract until they’re well combined.
- Into a clean bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt, and stir to combine. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in the food processor and whisk until it is just incorporated—do not over-mix.
- This recipe makes 48 mini doughnuts, so you will need to bake them in batches. Pour the mixture into the mini doughnut pan, ensuring each ring is about half full.
- Bake in the oven for eight minutes, or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Remove the doughnuts from the pan and allow them to cool on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- To make the glaze, whisk the confectioner’s sugar, water and a drop or two of food coloring in a bowl. Dip one side of each doughnut into the glaze and shake off the excess. Decorate with sprinkles and leave to set on a wire rack, with some baking paper underneath to catch any drips.
- Though best eaten fresh, you can store the doughnuts in a tin or an airtight container for up to three days.
Gluten sensitivity? Check out this awesome gluten-free doughnut recipe on CraftFoxes.
Girls, what do you think of this DIY? Would you make it? Give us your thoughts in the comments below!