Sometimes it’s difficult to get back into the swing of school routines, early alarms, homework, project deadlines and exams. But there is hope! Here’s some inspiration from blogger Christi Given to help give you a mental boost before you go back to school in a couple weeks.
1. Get inspired to learn: After hitting the beach and doing that annual family vacation back home, it may be nice to get back on track with learning and being in school again. It’s always fun to see what resources you need for each class, purchase your books and supplies, and prepare yourself for the new season. Do you like going back to school? What is your favorite topic to learn about?
2. Think of the reunion with school friends: Sometimes over summer break, you don’t get to see your classmates or peers outside your normal inner circle of friends. It’s really fun and exciting to see who’s in your class and what teachers you have, agreed? I remember this was especially exciting in high school because everyone knows each other typically, but in college you may just meet new friends, which is always a plus!
3. Appreciate the regular routine: Consistent schedules produce good habits typically in the education department. After a summer with flexible schedules, sleeping in and vacation time, it MAY be a positive thing that you get in the habit of normal early call times and good old-fashioned hard work.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt. (Proverbs 12:27)
4. Be ready to sharpen your skills: We all want to improve in some way, don’t we? Think of all the NEW things you will learn, the skill sets you will achieve and also the new courses you will be taking. Initially you may dread deadlines and homework, but after the semester is over, you will look back and realize how much you learned and gained from the time back at school.
5. Prepare to plant and sow seeds: Maybe going back to school helps you become more focused. Or more inspired to stay fit and/or healthy. And it’s great for your mind. Sharpening our mind with learning is a great way to stay on top of life in general and to not fall into the trap of laziness. Summer tends to be a season where we lie back and restore (which is good in moderation; see Psalm 23), but we also need to be ready to plant seeds and start to sow again.
6. Pursue your dreams: Are you in college following your heart and the major you want to pursue? Are you studying music or nursing, or even pursuing the dream of becoming a teacher? Write down your dreams and goals, and be ready to achieve those school credits! Remember, your hard work WILL pay off and your labor is never in vain!
7. Start an early sleep schedule: I personally tend to be a night owl and will get creative with my writing, but sometimes I feel I stay up too late. Does it ever happen to you where you’re scrolling down the Facebook or Insta feeds and then look at the clock and realize a lot of time has passed…eek! Well, get into the habit of setting your alarm earlier and logging out of those apps to prevent the scrolling addiction late at night and snooze early. You will be preparing your body to be up early and to start the day at a decent hour! You can do it!
8. Read your Bible (or app): If you haven’t downloaded the free Holy Bible app, you TOTALLY should and get the school season started with reading God’s Holy Word. You can do different reading plans with specific themed scriptures that can encourage you and uplift you for the next chapter of your school year. What better way than to start and end your day with the Bible? So good.
9. Pray: Really pray that God will give you favor for the semester and school year, and pray for each of your teachers. It is wise to really cover yourself with protection for the year to come so that you are fully covered. (Read Ephesians 6 about the whole armor of God and spiritually how we put this on.)
10. Realize you’re NOT alone: You may get slightly bummed out that you have to go back to school, but hey, so does EVERYONE else. It’s not the end of the world that summer is ending. Also, think of all the cute clothes you can wear when fall comes around…boots, scarves, petticoats…you get the picture! 🙂 You will do great!! Think positively and be excited! God is FAITHFUL and has great plans for your life! (Jeremiah 29:11)
PI Girls, what do you normally do to prepare yourself for going back to school after summer wraps up? Comment below! God bless you all!