School Hacks: Homemade Christmas Dorm-Room Decorations and DIY Crafts!
Written by Christi Given | December 12, 2017
This week, we want to share some Christmas holiday decoration hacks for your dorm room!
First up are some ideas from YouTuber LaurDIY. One of the hacks she has is a pine-cone decor idea where you dip any pine cone in glue and glitter, and then hang it with a colorful string in your dorm. You can also make a snowflake pillow and a snowy garland.
Check out “Holiday Room Hacks & DIYs.”
Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to do each project.
1. Mason Jar Candy Holder: Decorate a mason jar with glitter letters from any crafts store. Fill it with Hershey’s kisses (preferably the green and red ones). Tie a cute bow around the top.
2. Glitter Pine Cones: Use glue to dip pine cones in glitter. Take some colorful yarn or string, tie it around the festive pine cones and hang on a string in your dorm.
3. Snowflake Pillow: Buy felt, cut out snowflake shapes and glue to a red or green pillow for a homemade festive decoration.
4. Holiday White Garland: Buy some garland from Michaels or Target. The plain garland is around $7; if you buy it already frosted, it can be around $20. It’s fun to decorate the garland with your roomies. Spray with white spray paint to give the illusion of snow, and make it even more festive with silver or gold glitter.
The following decor ideas are from YouTuber Alisha Marie, who will help you DIY (do it yourself) to make your dorm a “winter wonderland.” Some of her ideas are ornament icicles, a garland Christmas tree, Christmas wrapping paper frames and more!
Click here to watch Alisha Marie’s holiday winter-wonderland room makeover.
1. Garland Christmas Tree: Buy beaded garland, plain trees and glue. Wrap beads around the cone tree with glue.
2. Ornament Icicles: Buy Christmas ornaments with ribbon and hang them in places around your dorm room.
3. Christmas Garland: Buy white puff balls and white yarn, and glue or tie it together. String it and hang in your room.
4. Wrap Frames: Take Christmas paper and wrap frames with bows and use them as a decoration.
5. Pick Your Colors for Your Dorm: Do you want red and green, silver and gold, or winter-wonderland blue? Be inspired with the colors of the season and keep the color palette for your room.
6. Add Decorative Pillows: Add pillows from Target or Home Goods that have sparkles or Christmas decorative emblems.
Do you think you will try any of these craft hacks? Which decoration or creation is your favorite? Comment below, PI Girls! We wish you a Merry Christmas season!