School Hacks: Tips for Boosting Your Mood and Attitude in Life
Written by Christi Given | May 10, 2016
Here are some tips on how to boost your energy, your zeal, your health and your attitude in life! These life hacks are for those of you who need a boost to finish off the year well!
1. Run: Exercise has been proven to release endorphins that increase and boost your mood. When we are healthy and our minds are in the right place, we can study better and absorb more information, rather than slacking and being inactive. Your body is a finely tuned machine and how you treat it matters! Can I get an amen?
2. Buy new shoes (don’t do this all the time, ha ha): New shoes always help improve your outfit and, of course, your feet. Going to the nail shop and relaxing and restoring is always a good idea as well!
3. Listen to worship: In His presence is fullness of joy. Lift your spirit and focus on Jesus, who will give you your zeal in the faith. And by hearing truth, your attitude and heart should align and help you walk in life in a better way than without focusing on the One who created you! You are designed to worship the King!
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11)
4. Read a Bible verse or devotion: Faith increases by hearing the Word of God.
Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. (Romans 10:17)
5. Do something for someone else: Jesus said it’s better to serve than to be served and that it is better to give than to receive. Let us bless someone else and in return we shall be refreshed!
6. Make a prayer list: The Bible says “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). Praying for others can lift your spirits and help you focus on your loved ones.
7. Lay your worries at the cross and at the feet of Jesus: You are a child of God. Nothing to fear! (Read Psalm 27.)
8. Laugh: Proverbs 17, verse 22, says that laughter is good medicine or a cheerful heart is healthy! Laughing is a great way to relieve stress, boost your energy and better your mood!
9. Eat some fro yo: Frozen yogurt always helps cheer you up and can adjust your attitude or stress level, agreed?
10. Read a good book: I recommend Love Does by Bob Goff. If you like, you can comment below on some inspiring books you have recently read, or any other tips for increasing your mood to be more positive, inspiring and Christ-like!
Here are some ideas aside from the 10 I recommend above: Do a facial mask, do a juice fast/cleanse, spend time with your best friend, talk and pray with your youth counselor, just rest in the Lord’s presence or watch a positive film!
PI Girls, do you have any ideas on how to have a better attitude, or any other advice?