Beauty & Fashion
Six Tips To Get Amazing Hair!
Written by Nicole | March 10, 2011
Want to achieve frizz free hair that looks shiny and silky? Who doesn’t! Read these tips and get ready to rock hair like the models in the hair commercials. (or almost- since you won’t have airbrushing 😉
1. Don’t shampoo everyday! I’ve always heard this tip and thought it just sounded gross. I thought “of course I need to shampoo my hair every day, or it will get dirty!” So one day I finally tried it, and I must say my hair is much less frizzier. When you shampoo too often, the chemicals strip hair of its natural oils and leaves it dry and brittle. It’s enough to run your hair in the hot water and massage your scalp with your fingers. And still condition, but only the bottom half of your hair so it doesn’t look too greasy.
2. Stay away from sulfates! Or better known on shampoo bottles as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It strips hair from the cuticle and although your hair may smell great, it’s not very good for your hair. Try Mastey Restore Sulfate Free Shampoo– it will leave you hair soft and silky, and help with damaged ends!
3. Don’t rub your hair with a towel after the shower! Vigorously shaking your hair dry from the towel creates more frizziness than you want. Instead, squeeze out the excess water and then twirl your hair, and pat with a paper towel. Change into a bathrobe while you’re doing your makeup so your wet hair isn’t making your back cold!
4. Try to cut out the heat! Constant use of a hair straightener, blow dryer, and curling iron damages the hair, which makes it look frizzer. I always let my hair air dry because of this, and I notice it’s healthier since I started doing so. If you absolutely need to blow dry, use a heat protector. Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Serum by John Freida is great for this.
5. Use a leave-in product! A leave in treatment that contains silicone is amazing for creating long-lasting shine and also defrizzes hair. I have tried many, but the one I like best is by a company called Moroccan Oil, the Original Oil treatment. Also, try using their Glimmer Shine Spray, it works perfectly with the oil.
6. Get Glossy! Once a week, use a gloss-specific product to make your hair shinier, which gets rid of frizzies. Apply the gloss glaze on dry, unwashed hair, leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse out. This makes your hair gorgeous and healthier looking! I like John Frieda Color Glaze for this.