Strengthen Your Inner Beauty With…Faith
Written by T.M. Gaouette | April 25, 2015
Ladies, you’d think that faith would be an obvious virtue of every Christian, right? But just because a Christian says she believes doesn’t mean she really, truly does. Not that you should question another person’s faith. Rather, you should question your own!
Remember the story of Jesus and His disciples in the boat during the storm? The disciples believed in Jesus, but they still didn’t put their trust in Him completely. They were still afraid. This is why Jesus was upset with them. Because they still didn’t believe that they were safe with Him.
Faith is more than just believing that Jesus is the Son of God. Remember, “even the demons believed…and shuddered.” Faith is submitting your whole life to God, putting complete trust in Him and having faith that He has a plan for your life.
He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)
Consider practicing more faith in the following areas of your life:
- At work: This will likely affect those who are in full-time jobs now. Don’t put your faith in a paycheck. Work hard and do your best to earn a good living, but don’t assume that lots of money is your security. Only God is your real security. So put more trust in Him than in how much money you make. Also, don’t stress out when money is tight. Do your best, work hard and trust that the Almighty will take care of all your needs.
- In your relationships: Don’t stress over relationships or not having a boyfriend. God will put the right guy in your life at the right time.
- Throughout your life: Never be afraid of anything. In times of danger, fear, illness, poverty, sadness or loss, look to Christ for strength and know that He is with you and will make it all work out for the good. “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). Just be truly faithful in your devotion to Him, following His commandments and doing His will.
C. S. Lewis wrote, “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” This is the foundation of faith. That you believe even though you don’t see. You believe not only that God exists, but that you can put yourself 100 percent in His hands without fear. Jeremiah 29:11 reads, “‘For surely I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.'” Once we realize that God’s plans for us are for good, we should be able to give our lives to Him fully and never be fearful.
If you’re finding it a struggle to have faith, then consider the following tips:
- Practice it. Submit to God’s will. Do your part in “preparing the field” and leave the rest to the Lord. The only way you can practice it is by doing it. In times of fear, put your anxiety in His hands and stop worrying.
- Pray for it. Pray for everything. Ask God for the courage to just let go of all your anxieties and put your trust in Him. Praying builds a relationship with God, and the more you grow in Him, the more you can let go and put your trust in Him completely.
And when He got into the boat, His disciples followed him. A windstorm arose on the sea, so great that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but He was asleep. And they went and woke Him up, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” And He said to them, “Why are you afraid, you of little faith?” Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a dead calm.” (Matthew 8:23-26)
Ladies, do you have faith? Do you know of other ways to strengthen your faith?
Contact me via social media for any questions, advice, prayer or just to say hello: