Games & Fun
Survey: How Healthy Is Your Body Image?
Written by Project Inspired | February 22, 2013
We all have days where we wish we were a little skinnier, a little more tan or had more curves. Having those feelings from time to time is totally normal and nothing to feel ashamed about. As long as you generally feel good about how you look, you probably have a pretty healthy view of your own body. And that’s awesome! But not all girls (or guys) are so lucky.
When you’re feeling low about your looks, it’s important to remember that we were all created by God in His image. Our differences and uniqueness should be celebrated! If you’re ever feeling low about your body, consider praying on it and seeking out a trusted relative for advice and a listening ear.
Copy the questions below and then paste them (along with your answers) in the comments.
1. How would you rate your general self-esteem about your looks, if 1 is pretty lousy and 10 is super strong?
2. What is the main body image issue you struggle with?
3. Do you find that many of your girlfriends struggle with their bodies? What is the most common complaint you hear?
4. Have you considered counseling with your mom, aunt, or other trusted relative about what you’re thinking? How have they impacted your relationship with your body?
5. Do you “alter” your looks in any way, and if so, how? (Dying your hair, wearing fake eyelashes, etc.)
6. What do you think defines a “healthy body image”? Who do you think has it?
7. Do you think having models and celebrities prominent in our lives makes it harder to maintain a healthy body image?
8. Is there anything about yourself, like healthy eating or exercise habits, that you’ve worked hard to maintain? How do you think this impacts your self-esteem?
9. How do you think we can work to maintain a positive relationship with our bodies?
10. What is your absolute favorite thing about your looks?