Games & Fun
Survey: What Are You Looking for in a College?
Written by Project Inspired | February 8, 2013
While enjoying and getting the most out of high school is definitely a top priority while you’re there, it’s never too early to start thinking about college. With that in mind, we’re curious as to what’s most important as you start looking for the right school for you to attend.
Certainly your favorite classes and intended major will play a part in where you choose to apply, as will an honest conversation with your parents about affordability. We can relate to how stressful and weighty this decision is, but hope you know what a great support system you have in your church, school, family and friends!
Copy the questions below and then paste them (along with your answers) in the comments. We can’t wait to see what pops up!
1. Have you started thinking about where you might want to go to school? If so, when did you start your planning?
2. What have been the most helpful resources in helping you look for a college?
3. What are the most important things you’re looking for when looking at potential colleges?
4. Are you considering out-of-state schools or primarily local colleges? Will you visit the schools you may want to attend? If so, when?
5. Do you plan to apply for any specific scholarships?
6. How is your high school helping you prepare for these decisions?
7. If you don’t plan to go to college, why and what do you plan to do instead?
8. How much has your future career influenced where you want to go? If you know what you want to be, we’d love to hear what you’re thinking you’ll do!
9. What scares you most about college?
10. Will you join a faith-based group in college? Why or why not?