True and real friendship is hard to find. I know at least for me, I’ve had a lot of “girlfriends” come and go in my life, but my best friend Christina has always been there for me through thick and thin. Today happens to be her birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Girly!! Here are the top reasons why she’s so incredibly special to me 🙂
1. She’s incredibly thoughtful- Everybody gets sad, and loses motivation. When I’m feeling down, she makes sure I’m okay and asks how she can help make me feel better. For instance, she has come over and brought me little “pick me up” gifts. She’s gotten me a book of inspirational quotes, a cute picture frame of the two of us, delicious cookies, and many more thoughtful things! She’s always reassuring if I’m feeling doubtful, and I can count on her.
2. I can trust her! I can’t even count how many girls I’ve encountered that gossip. It’s so common in high school, and many girls don’t care if they hurt a persons’ ego or their reputation. I’ve told her many intimate secrets and things I wouldn’t share to other people, and she always keeps her promise not to tell anyone. I’m so grateful I can talk to her about anything without her telling others about it.
3. Positivity is her motto- No matter what life throws at her, she has a great outlook on things and is always grateful for the things she does have. She doesn’t complain about wanting more things, and thanks God for her many blessings.
4. Peer pressure doesn’t suck her in! When I was in high school, a lot of the “cool” girls were sleeping around, drinking, and picking on girls who weren’t so pretty. Christina was always respectful of other people, and is one of the kindest people I know. She doesn’t involve herself with petty gossip.
5. She’s creative- She is incredibly ambitious and I really admire that about her. She manages school, working part -time at her job, babysitting on the side, and makes time to write song lyrics to pursue her passion of singing. She’s also a strong Christian and we talk about the power of God, the miracles he performs, and our day-to day struggles we deal with. She’s the best, and I thank God she’s in my life.
What traits do you love about your best friend?