Beauty & Fashion
Tips for Fabulous, Natural Makeup in 5 Minutes!
Written by Jamie Dorman | October 9, 2011
Recently, a friend of a friend came to me for makeup advice. She had worn makeup only twice in her life and she’s also the type who has a pretty busy life. I thought that her time constraints and unfamiliarity with makeup would be relate-able to teen girls (who get up very early and have little time to get ready for a busy school day). So, here I’m sharing my tips for a fast, fabulous and natural look!
Tips for fabulous makeup in five minutes!
- Skin Remember this: If your skin looks good, you look good. Once you have an even skin tone you look much more polished. For most people, this will mean light foundation on select areas of the face, usually the forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. Make sure foundation is blended well! Try using a light layer all over and just a bit more in areas where it’s needed. Almay makes an amazing foundation called Nearly Naked that looks incredibly natural. Tip! – Putting a light layer of foundation on your eyelids before your eyeshadow makes the shadow last longer without creasing or fading!
- Eyes Just a sweep of shimmer eyeshadow in a neutral color on the lid and blended up to the crease gives the eye a lot of dimension without the effort of shading the eye’s bone structure. Maybelline’s line of ExpertWear eyeshadows has some great neutral single shadows.
- Lashes Mascara can really define the eyes with very little effort and is an easy alternative to liner which can be tricky to master. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume is a very lash-defining mascara that gives a lot of volume.
- Cheeks You only need a little blush to perk up your face! Try to pick neutral colors that would naturally show in your face when you blush and place it on the apple of the cheek without getting too close to your nose. L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Blush is one of the best quality blushes on the market.
- Shimmer Find an eyeshadow that’s shimmery and slightly lighter than your skin tone. Place this on the top of your cheekbones, down the nose and a little on the forehead and chin. This will give you a dewy and fresh-looking complexion and highlight your beautiful, God-given bone structure! I have had a lot of luck finding these types of colors in the Maybelline line I mentioned under number two.
- Lips A lightly tinted gloss or balm is a perfect finishing touch to a quick and easy yet beautiful look! Try to find one with sunscreen to protect your lips from the sun. E.l.f. makes Super Glossy Lip Shine with SPF 15.
I hope a few of these tips speed up your morning routine and make you look amazing! Let me know what your morning beauty routine is and if you plan to add any steps or take some away!