Beauty & Fashion
Want To Get More Organized? Read This!
Written by Nicole | April 5, 2011
Do you ever feel like your room is too cluttered? Are your lipsticks taking over your makeup drawer? Or perhaps just checking your email is overwhelming. If you have a commitment to do just one of these easy tips a day, in no time you’ll be more organized, and feel on top of everything! And once you get these in order, you’ll be able to focus your time on bigger, more important things rather then feeling stressed out by a mess! Here are 15 easy ways to help you get started!
1. Organize your magazines.
2. Spend at least 10 minutes a day to tidy up! (This can include doing a load of laundry, hanging up your clothes, making your bed, whatever.)
3. Organize your email and create lists! I’m a culprit of letting my email get cluttered easily, and I forget to delete emails that are unnecessary. If you use Gmail (it’s great!) you can ‘star’ emails that you want to highlight as important and it’s a wonderful tool to stay on top of them.
4. Unsubscribe from 5 junk email pieces a day.
4. Make a daily to-do list that you actually follow! On my desk I have a notepad with an “N” initial for my name, I like it because it’s personalized. At night, create your to-do list for the next day so it keeps you on track. Then check off what you’ve done! You’ll feel great.
5. Give away clothes you don’t need- If you look in your closet, I’m sure you have a ton of things that you don’t want. My general rule is that if I haven’t worn something in over 4 months, I get rid of it unless it’s timeless pieces like a beautiful handbag or my Christian Louboutin shoes. (I’m a big fan!)
6. Create a designated file folder where you keep your important documents from school such as copy of your photo ID and License, your social security card, birth certificate, etc.
7. Clean out your makeup and throw out anything that’s over a year old. I also throw out mascaras that are over 3 months old.
8. Have only useful and beautiful things in your bedroom! No messy clutter.
9. Write Thank-you notes promptly.
10. Keep all your appointments.
11. Print out your favorite or important documents like schoolwork, or essays and organize it into folders.
12. Keep your room clean for unexpected guests!
13. Frame all your cute pictures with your friends.
14. Clean up your computer desktop!
15. Break your goals into small steps! Create a step-by-step to- do list for each goal you want to achieve, mine is to start a magazine next year, so my step-by-step to do list includes writing at least one substantial article each day, daily goal reminders in my journal, creative planning, and to reach a large audience. My goal is to inspire each and every one of you to live your best life!
“Good order is the foundation of all good things.” –Edmund Burke