It’s not easy finding a perfect match—somebody who is right for you and for your values. As a PI Girl, we know that your values come first and foremost, and that they are as strong as they are many, which means your search can be especially challenging. Still, as with all things, patience yields the greatest results (cue the eye roll), so it’s important to remember that your laundry list of qualities is not unreasonable, but a sign of knowing what you want. And that, ladies, actually places you AHEAD of the curve—nice, right?
Of course, we wanted to hear more about the qualities that you think define “boyfriend material”…or just make your heart beat a little faster (and that’s okay, too!). So, we posted this image on Instagram, and the response that we received was so incredible that we just had to share! Certainly, many of the classics were there, which doesn’t surprise us because, well, they’re around for a reason! That said, we also saw a lot of new, equally important qualities that had us thinking, “Oh, that’s a must!” and “What fabulous taste!” Kudos, ladies, for all the food for thought!
Altogether, having put faith first, it’s clear that PI Girls are on the lookout for all the right things—and to show you just how spot-on you are, we’ve gathered some of our favorite comments. Check them out and let us know what you think! These are listed in no particular order.
- A sensitive heart but a strong/protective will and brave soul. (zoe_zaf)
- Has to be funny! (anonymous)
- A guy who loves kids and wants a big family! (claire_vallaster)
- I want him to have an easy time expressing what he feels. I don’t want him to sugarcoat or skirt around anything. I hope he can easily say anything from “I’m frustrated” to “You’re beautiful.” (blondielcl)
- Somebody who is a gentlemen and treats me like a princess…and has the ability to make me laugh hysterically. (kathryn_kat22)
- Patience and perseverance to keep on the Straight and Narrow path. (stephaniem_rom12)
- Gentle toward animals and children, and kind toward strangers. That says A LOT about a person. (windy_days_ahead)
- Someone with ambitions and the drive to make them a reality. Laziness is a huge turn-off for me. (jordankmixon)
- A true Southern gentleman. (shelb_sterz)
- A man who’s humble and funny. And a nice add–in would be musically talented. Especially a good voice! (rosepetal1210)
- One who listens. (vilmaiscool)
- I’m going to be a missionary in China, so he has to be crazy enough to come with me! (josiebreeding)
- A person who likes me for me. (mariahgrubbs97)
- Here’s a random one: He has to be able to quote movies back and forth with me. (amuzilla)
- Someone who is trustworthy…who won’t give up on the relationship no matter how hard it gets. (brit_nicole896)
What would YOU add? Let us know in the comments below!