What Do You Do When Your Crush Doesn’t Crush You Back?
Written by T.M. Gaouette | November 24, 2012
Ladies! Do you have a secret crush? Do you think about him all the time? Does it hurt your heart when you see him and he doesn’t seem to notice that you exist? Do you pray he notices you, or if he’s a friend, that his feelings about you are mutual?
Sweet girls, if your heart is breaking from unrequited love and you’re looking for relief, I pray you find comfort in your own responses to the following questions:
- Do you want someone for the moment or the future? If you’re looking to just date someone, then you’re looking for more heartache. And marriage? Unless God has that planned for you, I’m guessing it’s too soon in your life to think about that.
- Is he a Christian? This is a really important question if you are a Christian with a desire to spend your life with a Christian. If he isn’t a Christian, then it’s definitely a good thing that he’s not pursuing you, because only a Christian will truly share your values.
- Is it love or lust? If it’s real love, then he’ll come around. But if it’s lust, then it’s a good thing the feeling’s not mutual, because the lust you feel for him may lead to something you’d likely regret…and that will be followed by another broken heart.
- Is he the one? God already has picked your husband. Have faith in Him and His perfect choice for you. If this is the boy for you, he will find his way to you and it will last forever. If he’s not, then don’t distract yourself with him.
- Is it the right time? Some couples meet in high school, some meet later in life. You don’t know when you’ll meet your husband, but have faith that it will happen on God’s time.
Contemplating these questions wasn’t easy, I’m sure. A broken heart is difficult to convince. If you realize that your crush isn’t the boy for you, pray to God and ask Him to change your heart. The good news is that when the time is right, He’ll bring the perfect boy to you. It may not be for a long while, but it’ll be worth the wait.
In the meantime, keep busy with school, friends, family, hobbies and most importantly, God. And always keep Christ in your heart.
Ladies! Are you hurting from an unrequited crush? Share your story. We love to hear from you!
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: