Project Inspired started a group specifically for the Girl Talk questions, which typically come from the Girl Talk chat wall on Facebook.
Click here to safely join our chat group.
This week, a PI Girl posted in our Girl Talk group and asked what to do when she doesn’t feel like praising God.
First, if we don’t feel like worshipping, we must feed our faith because this is an indication that our spiritual tank is low. The Bible says “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the Word” (Romans 10:17). Next, we must listen to praise and worship music to enter God’s presence by thanking the Lord for all of our blessings. When we don’t feel like praising, we can serve others and get our eyes off ourselves because this is something that helps lift our spirits and allows us to get into a spirit of worship and thanksgiving.
If we want to be in a spirit of praise and worship, we must ask the Lord what His will is, not what our will is. When we surrender our flesh at the altar and really are willing to worship wholeheartedly, then we can have the right attitude of thanksgiving.
What to Do When You Don’t Feel Like Worshipping
1. Feed your faith: When we read the Word, we are filling our spirit with truth. Just as the Bible says, faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word (Romans 10:17).
2. Listen to praise music: Worship music opens the doors to God’s presence. Try Hillsong United, Kari Jobe, Tenth Avenue North, Bethel Worship and Jesus Culture.
3. Count your blessings: Enter God’s presence with thanksgiving (Psalm 100).
4. Serve others: The Bible says it is better to give than to receive. Let us be willing to step out and to surrender.
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)
5. Encourage others: When we refresh others, we refresh ourselves. When we pour out and encourage others by laying our lives down on the altar, we will be blessed and will want to worship the Lord!
PI Girls, what do YOU do when you don’t feel like worshipping? Comment below!